Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

He's rolling in the dough!!

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM
  • 17 Replies
That's pillsbury grands biscuits. Dh brought home 4 trays of 12 cans. The reason it couldn't be sold is a about 2-3 cans of each tray busted. So we did throw some away but still have a lot left. It was funny cuz one can we had on the table as we were making room in the fridge busted and it scared the crap our of us cuz jacob was crawling around and we thought he got hurt we have 2 months before they expire. Sure we can bake them like normal but does anybody have any recipes to try some new things? And if it matters they are wheat biscuits
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by Corey on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Mmmm, chicken and dumplings.  Meat and cheese pinwheels.  Cinnamon and sugar biscuits.  Homemade donuts.  Pigs in a blanket.  Breakfast sammies.

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM
How do I do the meat and cheese pinwheels

Quoting specialwingz:

Mmmm, chicken and dumplings.  Meat and cheese pinwheels.  Cinnamon and sugar biscuits.  Homemade donuts.  Pigs in a blanket.  Breakfast sammies.

specialwingz
by Corey on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Chicken pot pie.  Strawberry (or any berries really) shortcakes.

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:42 PM

All of this, and before baking, you can cut in half and put nutella in the middle of each biscuit, bake it like normal, and have a delicious treat.

Quoting specialwingz:

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

corinthians81
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:42 PM

That's awesome!!!

You could make some monkey bread:) It would be even healthier since they're wheat..It might taste a lil different,other then that idk think it will make a difference.I personally prefer wheat.

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/grands-monkey-bread

specialwingz
by Corey on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I flatten them all out together on my cutting board, making sure to overlap them abit to bond them to each other.  Make it a rectangle.  I mix 8 oz softened cream cheese mixed with an evelope of Knorr vegetable soup mix into it.  Spread it on the biscuits.  Putting it in the microwave for a bit will soften it up nice so it spreads easily.  After you spread that on, lay out a layer of salami on the cheese.  Using the longer edge, roll up like cinnamon rolls and cut 1/2"-3.4" slices.  Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until they turn golden.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting specialwingz:

lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Pizzas.

Can you open and freeze them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Oh I'm so doing this. I have some thick cut salami That he also got from a driver in my freezer. It's like bologna, will that work or do I need thin sliced? Like pepperoni? And I'm guessing ham will work too

Quoting specialwingz:

I flatten them all out together on my cutting board, making sure to overlap them abit to bond them to each other.  Make it a rectangle.  I mix 8 oz softened cream cheese mixed with an evelope of Knorr vegetable soup mix into it.  Spread it on the biscuits.  Putting it in the microwave for a bit will soften it up nice so it spreads easily.  After you spread that on, lay out a layer of salami on the cheese.  Using the longer edge, roll up like cinnamon rolls and cut 1/2"-3.4" slices.  Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until they turn golden.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting specialwingz:

specialwingz
by Corey on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

As long as it's sliced, it'll work.  I've used ham before, too.  Just be sure to leave a decent strip with out cheese on the ending edge.  That way it will stick to the roll for you and not come undone.

I have also found that putting the roll in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes makes it much easier to cut into slices.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Oh I'm so doing this. I have some thick cut salami That he also got from a driver in my freezer. It's like bologna, will that work or do I need thin sliced? Like pepperoni? And I'm guessing ham will work too

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting specialwingz:

laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM

All of the recipes sound delicious! making me hungry anyone want to come cook for me? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)