Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paypal and Dollar General

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

Okay!  I have a little pocket guide how to use Paypal at Dollar General:

Swipe your PayPal card or enter your mobile phone number and then enter your PIN.

You need to register your PayPal account prior to in-store use.  If you don't have a PayPal account, go to www.paypal.com/anywhere.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Apparently you have to go to the above site and apply for a card then link it to your mobile phone.

AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

tfs

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Thanks for sharing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scorpiobabes
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I always use my PayPal card-anywhere it says Mastercard accepted. I don't have to do anything-it's even set up to go to our bank account if I don't have enough funds in my account at the moment. I just used it the other week-twice, and didn't have to pre-register my card prior to using it.

nmaxwell816
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM

My husband just told me he seen the advertisement.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Quoting scorpiobabes:

I always use my PayPal card-anywhere it says Mastercard accepted. I don't have to do anything-it's even set up to go to our bank account if I don't have enough funds in my account at the moment. I just used it the other week-twice, and didn't have to pre-register my card prior to using it.

I have a PayPal Debit card and it's been denied if I don't have the funds in my PayPal account.  How do you set it up to pull funds out of the bank account in that case?

matreshka
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:43 AM

With using a paypal card (I don't have one) would they get access to your phone number and address for marketing purposes?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

The store?  I doubt it.  PayPal is very secure.

Quoting matreshka:

With using a paypal card (I don't have one) would they get access to your phone number and address for marketing purposes?

matreshka
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM

That is true, it is my preferred form of payment online.

Quoting michiganmom116:

The store?  I doubt it.  PayPal is very secure.

Quoting matreshka:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:27 AM
I received and used my PayPal pay-in-store card on Christmas Eve and used it. It was very easy to use and I have the added bonus of receiving a confirmation email whenever I use it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)