Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got some nice frugal blessings

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM
  • 13 Replies

First I got a gift card to go eat dinner out.  A friend gave it to us. We used it already. There was 50$ on that card.  So 3 of us ate on it.   Then usually the semester break at the college cafeteria I work at. They make you sign up if you want to work during semester break. As it will only be staff of other depts. and students registering for classes coming to eat.  It's limited food service during the 3 weeks of break.  I never get picked to work the break. Well Thank You Jesus.  I was given hours. The other 2 pot washers did not sign up to work.  I asked one woman Margaret. Why she didn't want to work. She said. Oh they work us to hard.  It's a time period of what I call spring cleaning. I said Hey I'll take anything in hours they throw my way.   I picked up 58 hours that I normally don't get. I was thinking how am I going to make the last check I get on the 28th stretch till I go back to work.  Don't have to worry so bad.  We'll be ok. i'll have 1 1/2 pay checks in that time. Till it's back to regular work.   Now dh and I can maybe afford to go out to dinner on New Years. 

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NocturnesAngel
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM

hugs

AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

That's always nice when it comes back.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:51 AM

nice!

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Glad things are working out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Thats great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

It even gets better.  Them extra hours I picked up last Thursday.  That was great.  Well I submitted my time sheet. As payroll needs them before Thursday.  My boss just approved mine.  I thought all hours over 40 in a week are time and a half.   I guess in our Union handbook it says all hours over 8 in a day get time and an half.  So I worked 11hours.  So 3 hours got time and a half.  I'm liking that one. Then Thursdays meeting. Which is mostly holiday party. With a short meeting included.  We get 2 hours pay for it.  That makes me even more happy. As last year we had a holiday party/meeting.  We did not get paid.  So I go in for 2 hours. Eat food and shoot the sh-t with my coworkers. Listen to the bosses talk a short bit.  That's a easy 30$ before taxes. 

Quoting NocturnesAngel:

hugs

diaperstodating
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Awesome news! I am so happy for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I'm glad you got those hours.  When I was in college I always volunteered/pressured my boss at the college print shop to give me as many hours as possible.

lyrick24
by Melissa on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:17 PM

im glad everything worked out for you.hope you get that dinner on new years eve!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)