Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

View from my dining room window this morning

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM
  • 46 Replies
3 moms liked this

This is for those of you that think you love snow.  We've gotten 4 to 6 inches of heavy wet snow in the past 6 hours, and there's another 12 hours of this crap in the forecast.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:49 AM

We haven't had snow yet but I can sympathise.  The kind we get is heavy and wet too, not fun.  I hope the snow doesn't accumulate too much more for you.

michiganmom116
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM

All schools are closed, some businesses are closed, and I can't even get out of my driveway with my AWD SUV.  I'm just hoping the power doesn't go out.

DH works 30 miles away.  I'll talk to him later today, but there's a good chance he'll be stuck in that town for the night.

I despise living here.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I do not envy you.  We've gotten snow like that here before and it's NOT fun at all. 

kiske
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM

One of the reasons I'm glad we moved from upstate NY when DH retired from the Navy.  We don't get snow like that too often in southern NM.  lol. 

MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

im jealous all we have is shitty rain lol.... wahh give me snow ........

not alot jsut a little lol

cookinmommyof1
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I feel your pain. We got 7-11 inches from 4 yesterday afternoon aznd 50mph winds. We have drifts out back the cover out 7ft fence in the yard. Dh went to work just after 11pm to plow, and got home just after 10am. He brought home the work truck so he wouldn't have to shovel the heavy snow from the driveway. It was almost 40* when it started snowing and didn't dip below freeing until it had been snowing for several hours, so like you we got the heavy wet crap. There's 48,000 oppd/mid america energy customer without power from the storm and oppd is saying it could be 24-48hrs before some of them get their power back. Im gald were not one of them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickysmom71
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I'm in NY and I hate snow!!!!!

Marz31
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Oh BRRRRR, just cold thinking about having to deal with that! LOL We had 2-3 inches the other day. it was gone by the time I got home, we'll probably get more in Jan and Feb, but we don't usually get a ton and it doesn't normally stick around, thankfully!

styler7
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I miss living in MI, we just moved to NY from TX, excited for snow but there still isn't any :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa823
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Oh that makes me claustrophobic!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)