Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

i already have 4 gifts wrapped for next Christmas

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
My parents have the big kids this weekend so Dh and i went and did a lil shopping. I had a gift card to Children's place and was looking for a jacket for Jacob. I found one 1/2 off which made it $10 and i had a 20% off coupon. I was looking around and all the pjs were $7.99. So i went ahead and got each kid a pair for their Christmas eve gift from Santa. Jacob got a green footed one with Christmas lights, Jr got a regular green one like it and the girls got pink ones to match the boys. With the 20% off coupon they were on9ly $5.40 each. And i got Jr a pair for this year since he needed more. So that's 5 pairs of pjs and a jacket all for $40.

So i asked Dh where will we put them so the kids don't see them andwe don't forget. He suggested using the 4 shirt boxes we had that we were going to put with the Christmas stuff and go ahead andwrap them and put them in a bag on top of our Christmas decorations.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anniea90
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

That's awesome!

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Great, I love shopping for the next year..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too. Just wish i had enough extra money to do more. I also found a Little People "night before Christmas" set for $17 instead of $40. They had a Christmas tree one too but i didn't have enough cash to get both. But Jacob will love to play with it next year.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Great, I love shopping for the next year..
godsgirl26
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM
I will be doing the same thr out the year.
lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Great job!

I keep a list on my phone of what i buy all year and keep the itema hiden in my closet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barb10
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I use to always buy ahead until my kids got bigger,They want electronics and big stuff now.I may still shop ahead for nieces and nephews but my sisters always have exact things to get them when I ask for suggestions.My youngest is 6 and still easy and the only fun one to buy for.We can get him playdoh and he's excited!

cutestmom24
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM
that us a great buy.
Alieda
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM
super
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I have to start doing that. I hadn't been out anywhere since Thursday.  We had a little snow and then it got cold.  I went out to get a January bus pass. So I can get to work. But really hadn't  hit the stores.

BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Smart idea. Going to start looking for good sale for 2013 Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)