Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Space Saver Bags

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
  • 23 Replies

...the ones you can use your vacuum to suck the air out and take up less space...

Are they worth it?  Any experiences with them?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NocturnesAngel
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I haven't tried them, but I have a good friend who swears by them. She has 7 kids and has been using them for about 8 or so years now. Ever since her MIL bought her a Starter Set from an Infomercial.

deadlights86
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
My moms vacuum sucked the valve right out of one of those bags lol and no it didn't even get all the air sucked out first
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I have some! Love them. We just wash our "winter" blankets, Christmas tree skirt, stockings, table cloths, etc., fold them up and place them in the bags and then vacuum the air out. I place mine in a large Rubbermaid and shove it in the garage. I think I have three comforters, a couple of men's heavy coats, and holiday stuff in one Rubbermaid...which used to fill about 4 totes, not in bags. If you have a lot of stuff you use occasionally every year, they're worth it. I have found that I can gat them fairly cheap at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a coupon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charla_r
by Charla on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I have several.  I really like using them to store baby clothes.  We stored all of my daughter's infant clothes and baby bedding in space bags in preparation for our second child.  Now we use them to store my son's infant clothes he has not yet grown into.  I think I bought mine from Walmart.

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I don't even know what these are.

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I have found that if you don't move them around to much they work great. I've had the seals Pop open on me if I move them to much. So of you have a place to store them, they are fantastic. I'm pregnant right now, so I have all my clothes I can't currently fit in a giant space bag under my bed. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I use them to seal baby clothes to store. They work okay, i get them at bjs w a coupon so they are cheap. They get super heavy when you suck the air out. I didnt expect that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM
They are ok, not as good as they claim. Mine don't stay sealed :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I've wanted to try them, but I've heard that they make your clothes really wrinkly and the wrinkles are almost impossible to get out.  Has that been the experience of anyone who has them?

charla_r
by Charla on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Not in my case but I usually wash and dry the clothes I have stored when I take them out of the bag.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

I've wanted to try them, but I've heard that they make your clothes really wrinkly and the wrinkles are almost impossible to get out.  Has that been the experience of anyone who has them?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)