Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not Frugal, a good deal maybe?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am the worst about buying stuff for myself. But late last night while hubby was asleep I decided to upgrade from the Cricut( I have two I hardly use) to the Silhouette Cameo which I got through Overstock. It was the holiday bundle for 269.99, that overstock has on ebay, and I got free shipping-6 months finance. That is so much cheaper than I have spent on my Cricuts. Anyone else get themselves a big gift?

Here is the description:

Silhouette Cameo Mega Bundle Die Cutting Machine with Bonus $25 Gift Card

Product Description: The Silhouette Cameo is an electronic cutting machine that is great for light-duty, creative use. Just like a home printer, it plugs directly into your PC or Mac with a USB cable, but instead of printing, it uses a small blade to cut a variety of pre-designed die-cuttable materials such as paper, cardstock, vinyl, fabric, and more. The cutter will accommodate materials up to 12 inches wide and 10 feet long in dimension, allowing you to engage and complete any die-cut project imaginable. 

Includes:
  • Silhouette electronic cutting tool
  • Bonus $25 gift card for Silhouette downloadable images
  • Additional $10.00 Silhouette gift card
  • Bonus Silhouette Glitter (6 pack)
  • Bonus double-sided adhesive sheets (8 sheets: 8.5 inches x 11 inches)
  • Bonus teal cover
  • Silhouette Studio software for Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS X 10.5.8 and higher
  • 51 exclusive cuttable designs
  • Power cable, USB cable
  • 12-inch cutting mat
  • Cutting blade
  • Basic instruction guide
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I don't know if its a good deal or not either, but I'm jealous! Lol I want a circuit so bad. I don't let myself look around at stuff like this, to much as I find its better to not know what I'm missing out on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

LOL, I am sure my hubby wished I hadn't been looking. But since he spent 1600 on himself last week, this wasn't much- especially since I will use it mainly for business :)

Quoting Stacie03:

I don't know if its a good deal or not either, but I'm jealous! Lol I want a circuit so bad. I don't let myself look around at stuff like this, to much as I find its better to not know what I'm missing out on.

anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess my question is: why did you upgrade on a machine that you hardly use?  And you have 2 nonetheless!  

On a side note, I LOVE overstock!  I have gotten the BEST deals on big ticket items like my vacuum and sewing machine!

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Cricut is limiting, and will not work with my memories new software that cuts SVG files. I work and design with my memories and sell at their store. Otherwise I wouldn't even consider it.

Quoting anotherandree:

I guess my question is: why did you upgrade on a machine that you hardly use?  And you have 2 nonetheless!  

On a side note, I LOVE overstock!  I have gotten the BEST deals on big ticket items like my vacuum and sewing machine!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

looks like a good deal to me, looks really nice!

chrissysnow22
by Chrissy on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I know nothing of the device but I love overstock and hopefully it will help you with your buisness
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Thank you, I sure hope it will.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

I know nothing of the device but I love overstock and hopefully it will help you with your buisness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm the worst in the world at being crafty, but I do know my best friend loves her cricut but is always complaining that she can't do what she really wants to with it, so I'm sure you must be delighted to upgrade. Enjoy your new toy!

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

artistic_kitty
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Can you design your own images to be cut on this? Cause that is what I would want to do.

specialwingz
by Corey on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Ok...I'm jealous.  I'm considering the same thing!  I have decided on the Silhouette Cameo, as well.  It's just a matter of letting myself do it. LOL.  But, thanks for posting this deal.  I've been trying to find all the deals and compare them.  This helps a lot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)