Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

If you were to purchase a new tv...

Posted by   + Show Post

What would you look for? What would you spend?

Our tv is going and I only had it for 5 years, but it was a cheap model at the time.  With DH's taxes I guess we are going to get a new TV.  All I really care about is it having a usb port so I can put the pc screen on it and play netflix and stuff.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (21-24):
AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM

55inch and I think the max would be $700

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I really don't care about fancy tv's either, but it is convient to hook up the pc to the tv to watch netflix or other movies online.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

If it were up to me, we'd still have an old boob tube. Before my husband and I got married, he already had a 42 inch sanyo plasma screen HDTV, which is what we still have. He wants a 52 inch LED (I think? Is that the one with better picture but more energy efficient? I always confuse them), of course it has to be HD and he wants more than 2 HDMI ports in the back. I hear all that and whimper at the cost. But I must admit, I have become used to being able to hook the laptop up to it via the HDMI port, so I can play my games on the big screen or put my son's favorite shows on.

sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM
lol yes, I do believe new tvs have spoiled us.

Quoting matreshka:

I really don't care about fancy tv's either, but it is convient to hook up the pc to the tv to watch netflix or other movies online.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

If it were up to me, we'd still have an old boob tube. Before my husband and I got married, he already had a 42 inch sanyo plasma screen HDTV, which is what we still have. He wants a 52 inch LED (I think? Is that the one with better picture but more energy efficient? I always confuse them), of course it has to be HD and he wants more than 2 HDMI ports in the back. I hear all that and whimper at the cost. But I must admit, I have become used to being able to hook the laptop up to it via the HDMI port, so I can play my games on the big screen or put my son's favorite shows on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I'm not much help there is hardly any tv watching going on in my house! GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN