Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

So Angry!!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
I cook chicken once every two weeks (in bulk and freeze in portions) so that my week night dinner prep time is DRASTICALLY cut down. Tonight I'm cooking chicken (5 lbs) and I'm also helping the kids with their homework - so I'm not standing over my chicken every second.

DH came by and looked in the pan and walked away - I thought. WRONG!!! He dumped a ton of pepper and this red chili salt combo I made for this beef steak recipe.
Now what??? The chicken was supposed to be plain to be incorporated in various meals like chicken alfredo and pot pies...things I bought groceries for already!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
my4boys2002
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Try rinsing it. Are you boiling it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Corey on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM

What on earth was he thinking???  Of course, my boys know the correct answer to that!  "I wasn't thinking!"  LOL.

Maybe blanch it in some chicken broth to "wash" out a bit of the seasoning?  Or, just use it as you planned.  When he gets sick of the flavor in every meal every night, maybe...just maybe...he will learn his lesson.

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I cook it in a little bit of chicken broth...he knows I do this.

Quoting my4boys2002:

Try rinsing it. Are you boiling it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I'll try the chicken broth...Hopefully it works because my kids don't like spicy and they don't like pepper!!

Quoting specialwingz:

What on earth was he thinking???  Of course, my boys know the correct answer to that!  "I wasn't thinking!"  LOL.

Maybe blanch it in some chicken broth to "wash" out a bit of the seasoning?  Or, just use it as you planned.  When he gets sick of the flavor in every meal every night, maybe...just maybe...he will learn his lesson.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Oooooo......that's a capital offense in my kitchen!  DO NOT MESS WITH MY COOKING!

lnk8522
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM
he is officially banned from the kitchen! id make him eat the spicy breast and plain rice every night for a week, no matter what you cook for main dinner.punishment!

as for the chicken, (minus his punishment dinner s) maybe rinse it really really well in water with a little milk, then cook it of in some boiling water (which gets alot of the fat out anyways) if out still has that taste when you go to cook it, if its light, whatever meals you are making it in to should kinda dilute it, hopefully
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM

what the crap...why would he even do that???

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM

That's something DH would do, sorry he messed up your chciken, I hope it all wors out and let us know how you fixed it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)