My husband works very hard but we BARELY make ends meet, and he just got his hours cut a bit. Not a whole lot, but enough that we need to make some changes or bills are not going to get paid. I already do quite a bit, but I could use a few more suggestions. Here is a general breakdown of what I do already:
- Make ALL bread products (sandwich, French bread, buns, and such)
- Make most cleaning products (all purpose spray, laundry det, window) Don't make disherwasher detergent anymore
- Meal plan (breakfast and dinner) and stick to it.
- Coupon using target.com, coupon.com, and redplum.com. (Paper was getting too expensive)
- Cut out cable/satelite and went netflix and hulu+ instead.
- Electric bill is on a peak/off peak plan so electricity is only used during off peak hours (NO clothes washing during peak hours.)
- Buy store brands of nearly everything.
- We've completely cut out eating out and have for about a month. :( That was the hardest.
That's all I can think of. I have recently started trying to stop buying food that I can make myself in hopes that would save money, but I am finding that the start-up costs are a bit high, but will be cheaper in the long run (for example. (For example, making my own muffins from scratch. Yes, I can make 4 batches of muffins from all the ingredients, but it was expensive to buy all the ingredients I did not have.)