Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

lemon juice

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:35 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I seen a family friend today she is in her 50's and her skin is BEAUTIFUL like a baby face, no dark spots, perfect even tone, no wrinkes, and she SMOKES! So I asked her what kind of face cream she used bc her face looks better than mine ( im only 25 lol) she said she gets herbal green tea bags boils the water and steams her face then pats it dry and rubs lemon juice on her face.... I'm going to try bc i use pretty expensive face cream and it don't do anything ..she said she use to use expensive cream but stopped and is going all natural... it is working wonders for her bc i have not seen her in a year and was so shocked at how much better she looked... I'm def gonna save some money with my new face treatment lol I'll let you all know if it works for me!

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Worth a shot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
You should take a photo before u start doing it and then after maybe two weeks or a month to see if it makes a difference
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM
i have switched to using my own treatments and it has helped my skin alot. I have eczema and combination skin and it looks a lot better. Taking vitamins and flax oil helps too. Much more than the expensive creams.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ziff130
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM

That seems like a lot of work to do every night but that's awesome! :) Good luck! I do hope it works well. I just make my own face creams too but I have to spend one day making it then make it easy the rest of the time. I don't think I'd have the patience to boil something everynight to put on my face. LOL! I guess I'm just lazy. :)

a_and_j_momma
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Oooohhhh! Let us know how it works
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
liss510
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM

well i brew tea almost everyday... i live in sc so this lady is one of them southernbell ladies she was telling me tea i was thinking green tea turns out she meant like sweet tea LOL so i'm thinking it just the steam that is beneficial so i make my sweet tea like she does and just hold my face over it LOL and the lemons burn the s**** out of my face my hubby was rolling laughing at me... i dunno im gonna give it a week

Quoting ziff130:

That seems like a lot of work to do every night but that's awesome! :) Good luck! I do hope it works well. I just make my own face creams too but I have to spend one day making it then make it easy the rest of the time. I don't think I'd have the patience to boil something everynight to put on my face. LOL! I guess I'm just lazy. :)

ziff130
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Oh!! Where in South Carolina? Born and reared South Carolinian here. I'm in Aiken. :)

I didn't even think about the lemon burning. Did the lady say if it gets better over time? I sure hope so. Good luck with that one! Could you dilute it with witch hazel or something like that?

Quoting liss510:

well i brew tea almost everyday... i live in sc so this lady is one of them southernbell ladies she was telling me tea i was thinking green tea turns out she meant like sweet tea LOL so i'm thinking it just the steam that is beneficial so i make my sweet tea like she does and just hold my face over it LOL and the lemons burn the s**** out of my face my hubby was rolling laughing at me... i dunno im gonna give it a week

Quoting ziff130:

liss510
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Aw well hello fellow south carolinian I'm in Anderson right near Greenville :) I didnt ask her about the burning lol and hazel does that help your skin too? never heard of that... but if it does ill add that in :) also i read online you can add honey to the lemon :) honey is suppose to be really good for your skin!

Quoting ziff130:

Oh!! Where in South Carolina? Born and reared South Carolinian here. I'm in Aiken. :)

I didn't even think about the lemon burning. Did the lady say if it gets better over time? I sure hope so. Good luck with that one! Could you dilute it with witch hazel or something like that?

Quoting liss510:

Quoting ziff130:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)