Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

my brother is getting married today

my lil brother is finally getting married. Sure I probably would never find myself hanging out with her or even adding her to my fb but at least he found someone he loves. Lol. And maybe they can have some kids and she can understand me a little bit more. Hehe. I did join the party with wedding party last night after the rehearsal after i got the kids settled in the room and left hubby with them. And enjoy a few drinks after I had a few drinks at the dinner. So yeah i plan on having a few at the wedding too. Hehe. This is in cajun town Lafayette. Laissez lais bon temp roulez. Let the good times roll.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
a_and_j_momma
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM
That is exciting for him. Congrats to them
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Im not from laffy either. Im from baton rouge. Live in hammond. So close enough to new Orleans. I know how to eat crawfish, gumbo jambalaya boudin and hog head cheese

Quoting bellaamore:

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Well apparently these cajuns don't know how to party. Read my above post. Well they might be partying later but its not family fRiendly and won't be involving any food. But we aren't staying. Dh has to.work in.the morn and we can't afford another $150for the room.

Quoting bellaamore:

Girl, us cajuns know how to party!

What are they having for the dinner?

Must not be cajun, then. Probably just relocated to laffy like many of the folks there these days,

bellaamore
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Im not from laffy either. Im from baton rouge. Live in hammond. So close enough to new Orleans. I know how to eat crawfish, gumbo jambalaya boudin and hog head cheese

Quoting bellaamore:

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Well apparently these cajuns don't know how to party. Read my above post. Well they might be partying later but its not family fRiendly and won't be involving any food. But we aren't staying. Dh has to.work in.the morn and we can't afford another $150for the room.

Quoting bellaamore:

Must not be cajun, then. Probably just relocated to laffy like many of the folks there these days,

Well,then you know central!

Ill throw out some places, tell me if you know them.

Back in the day, i went to bellingrath hills elementary, lived in a trailer park called sherwood or something, behind a hardwar store.

I also went to red paks elementary school, lived in brandywine apartments before they were ghetto.

I also lived i. These apartments across the street from the big yellow superstore on greenwell springs road.

Any of thosering a bell?

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM
That big yellow superstore on greenwell springs definitely rings a bell. Ilived in park forest east until age.11 and went to st alphonsus church/school. I did and still do get boudin and hoghead cheese from.gerry lees on greenwell. That's the only place i will get it from. After my mom started working when i was in 7th we moved to north baton rouge/shenandoah area. I met hubby and he lived in hammond So of course i moved there. My parents moved to slidell on the water 3 years ago but my brother and other family and friends.still live in baton rouge

Quoting bellaamore:

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting bellaamore:

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting bellaamore:

Back in the day, i went to bellingrath hills elementary, lived in a trailer park called sherwood or something, behind a hardwar store.

I also went to red paks elementary school, lived in brandywine apartments before they were ghetto.

I also lived i. These apartments across the street from the big yellow superstore on greenwell springs road.

Any of thosering a bell?

bellaamore
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

That big yellow superstore on greenwell springs definitely rings a bell. Ilived in park forest east until age.11 and went to st alphonsus church/school. I did and still do get boudin and hoghead cheese from.gerry lees on greenwell. That's the only place i will get it from. After my mom started working when i was in 7th we moved to north baton rouge/shenandoah area. I met hubby and he lived in hammond So of course i moved there. My parents moved to slidell on the water 3 years ago but my brother and other family and friends.still live in baton rouge

Quoting bellaamore:

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting bellaamore:

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting bellaamore:

Any of thosering a bell?

Oh man. You know, until my dad died, he wouldnt eat boudin anywhere but from gerry lees. :)

Heddrive hours to get there and bring it back.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I hope everyone had a good time!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Quoting matreshka:

I hope everyone had a good time!

ditto!

hopealways4019
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Congratulations to your little brother and his bride.
MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Congratulations to the lovely couple!  Pictures?

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I have one of my son who was the ring bearer

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Congratulations to the lovely couple!  Pictures?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN