Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Saturday...

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm baking bread by hand (instead on in the bread machine) for the first time in probably 10 years today. A little nervous about it, but excited to be trying it again.

I am doing laundry and sewing on some cloth napkins this afternoon, plus watching a movie with my kiddos tonight!

How is everyone's Saturday going? Have any fun or frugal plans for the day/evening?
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paytonleximomma
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Trying to get the house clean. Much over do and DS is sick so we will staying home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anniea90
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM

We are having a family get together. Its not frugal, lol. $10 or so buffet, but its a tradition. We do it a couple times a yr. Then my aunt is taking the child of mine and I am going to play cards with some friends. I learned how to play canasta last weekend :)

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Good luck you will have to show some photos when finished.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Spent some fun time with DIL and granddaughter this morning, relaxed after lunch, going out this evening!

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm working on baby shower invites. DH and I have a hot date to Costco in a few minutes!!! LOL - we try to get a few minutes to ourselves where possible. The kids hate costco - it's the only place we can get a chore done and get a bite to eat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ziff130
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Oooh! I baked bread today too! :) It's kind of a Saturday tradition so we have bread for the week. :) I do it by hand as well. I also went grocery shopping this morning and was excited about my savings! YAY!! :) I went running with a friend and then explored homes that are under construction so the doors are all wide open. We just walked in. hehe! The real estate agent left papers with house info and contact info so I guess they knew nosey neighbors would go snooping. hehe! That's kind of it but this is the first time I've had time to get on CM. I feel whipped. haha! I can't wait to see how your bread turned out! I have 6 loaves, 1 french loaf, and 12 rolls for meals this week. YAY! :)

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM
What kind a bread are you making. Mmm, makes me want to make banana bread. Earlier had a lunch date with SO while DD at my aunt's visiting her great granny and playing with my cousins. Now SO is trying and hoping to fix my car at my work place so we don't have to pay for tow truck. So far no luck. :(
scorpiobabes
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM

We had to meet with my boyfriend Jim's wife (in the process of divorce) to handle the check from the insurance re: the breakin at his home early. Not thrilled about being up and about that early, but she wanted half of the money (another $100) and the bank couldn't even handle it until Wednesday. To make up for it, Jim took me to the local Goodwill (they're clean and usually have good stuff)-I scored a MINT Pyrex 50s-pink Gooseberry 8" mixing bowl for $2.97! Plus I scooped up a few more Pyrex casserole-type dishes, a new frying pan, some books and some other things for less than $40! :)

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I went and got a few things from the grocery store.  Just before the deep freeze hits tonight outside. Made 2 kinds of soup.  Minestrone and Italian Wedding.  There is 2 containers of each soup in the freezer. 1 container of each in the fridge for eating now.  Then made a mess of loaded mash potatoe casserole. 4 small tinfoil pans went in the freezer. 1 small casserole dish for a side with dinner on Sunday.  After I clean up the mess from cooking all afternoon and dinner.  I will be scrubbing the kitchen floor.  Just waiting on the cold to come.  It says 41 now outside. Suppose to start to drop to 10 below by around 10pm or so.  Wind advisory starts to kick in at 5pm. Which is why I made all the soup.  Soup is good cold weather comfort food.  Then just going to get my meals in order for the week.  i work till 5pm Tues-Thurs.  I don't get home till at least 6pm. Dh should not have to wait long for dinner. He's disabled and can't cook for himself.  So I'm making everything either ready to serve or just heat and serve them days.  I know I made a month of menues.  That was just to remind me what we have on hand.  So I use it up.  I might not follow them in order as I wrote them.  As we eat a menu item. I will cross it off the list.  So I know it's been used up.

a_and_j_momma
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I am out of town visiting a friend
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN