Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

would it be wrong

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 26 Replies
for me to hide money from my so in hopes to save it for a rainy day? we have a real spending problem. when we see it in savings or checking we spend it. i was thinking of opening a savings account at a different bank and depositing 50 a month into it. ive talked to him about it before and he liked the idea but its been a while since we talked about it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Id do it. I plan to open two more savings accts to save for vacas that o want in a few yrs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I hide money from my DH for that very reason:  if he sees money, he spends it. 

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I don't see the issue with it, as long as he knows you're doing it

Amberleigh81
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I do it. Sometimes you have to if you live with a spender like I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I say go for it. I personally think its a great idea. I don't have a savings account for that. But what I do, is I save all DHs tips. he;\'s a delivery driver for a trucking company. When he gets tips, he gives them all to me for groceries or whatever. But I try and save as much as I can and it goes in to an envelope I have hidden in my dresser. :)

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I don't think so.  I have my own stash.

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I have the same problem with so but we decided to open savings acct to the new bank I signed up that affliated from work. We decided not get debit/check card from the bank so we won't end up using it.

Quoting mommy06and09:

for me to hide money from my so in hopes to save it for a rainy day? we have a real spending problem. when we see it in savings or checking we spend it. i was thinking of opening a savings account at a different bank and depositing 50 a month into it. ive talked to him about it before and he liked the idea but its been a while since we talked about it...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heathercm26
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM
You already mentioned it once a while back. I woukdnt bring it up again. I would just do it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a matress savings.. I literally hide money under my matress so far ive saved up 150 in coins I cashed in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Save all your single dollar bills and change somewhere in the house... I did that for a year and ended up with over $900. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)