Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

this seems like a lot to me

Posted by   + Show Post
i was looking at a produce delivery system to try and encourage my family to eat them. the thing is its $25 a week. that seems like a lot to spend on produce. what do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Nikaniko
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM

That doesn't sound bad.

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM

For 2 of us. That would be a lot.  If you get a lot for the money. Your family can eat it all. That's not really that bad a price. Considering how much produce costs these days.

mommy06and09
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM
we are a family of 5

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

For 2 of us. That would be a lot.  If you get a lot for the money. Your family can eat it all. That's not really that bad a price. Considering how much produce costs these days.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM

if i were able to do that for the winter months only then it might be worth it.  The other week i spent almost $130 on produce that lasted about 8 days for us...   :/

ziff130
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM

How does one find something similar to that nearby? This one doesn't go to South Carolina but I would love for it to! ;)

a_and_j_momma
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM
It is cheaper to just go buy it. We eat primarily produce so those boxes don't last long with is. I think bountiful baskets is cheaper
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy06and09
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
i googled produce delivery and my city and state and found it.

Quoting ziff130:

How does one find something similar to that nearby? This one doesn't go to South Carolina but I would love for it to! ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM

This sounds awesome, I'm spending a small fortune on produce!! Where can I check this out further??

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Working at a CSA is great!

Quoting michiganmom116:

We eat plenty of healthy veggies and it would be worth the $25 for us....if we didn't already have a huge garden in the summer.

As it is, I plan to work at a local CSA garden this summer and in payment for 40 hours of work total, I'll get a box of produce every week.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM

It seems like a lot to me, but this time of year I get frozen veggies.  I guess it depends on what you get in the package.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN