Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

this seems like a lot to me

Posted by   + Show Post
i was looking at a produce delivery system to try and encourage my family to eat them. the thing is its $25 a week. that seems like a lot to spend on produce. what do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Nikaniko
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM

That doesn't sound bad.

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM

For 2 of us. That would be a lot.  If you get a lot for the money. Your family can eat it all. That's not really that bad a price. Considering how much produce costs these days.

mommy06and09
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM
we are a family of 5

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

For 2 of us. That would be a lot.  If you get a lot for the money. Your family can eat it all. That's not really that bad a price. Considering how much produce costs these days.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM

if i were able to do that for the winter months only then it might be worth it.  The other week i spent almost $130 on produce that lasted about 8 days for us...   :/

ziff130
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM

How does one find something similar to that nearby? This one doesn't go to South Carolina but I would love for it to! ;)

a_and_j_momma
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM
It is cheaper to just go buy it. We eat primarily produce so those boxes don't last long with is. I think bountiful baskets is cheaper
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy06and09
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
i googled produce delivery and my city and state and found it.

Quoting ziff130:

How does one find something similar to that nearby? This one doesn't go to South Carolina but I would love for it to! ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM

This sounds awesome, I'm spending a small fortune on produce!! Where can I check this out further??

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

matreshka
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Working at a CSA is great!

Quoting michiganmom116:

We eat plenty of healthy veggies and it would be worth the $25 for us....if we didn't already have a huge garden in the summer.

As it is, I plan to work at a local CSA garden this summer and in payment for 40 hours of work total, I'll get a box of produce every week.

matreshka
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM

It seems like a lot to me, but this time of year I get frozen veggies.  I guess it depends on what you get in the package.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)