Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got a job offer and I cant decide if I want it

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM
  • 46 Replies
But dh sure wants me to take it.
My friends offered me $150/wks to watch their 3.5yr old not potty trained son. They'll drop him off before work around 8 and pick him up around 4 or 5. Sometimes earlier. I am sure I'd get a carseat and all that but...
My biggest issue is that I want another baby pretty bad. We've only been trying for a couple of months and because dh works overnights the schedule is weird and its hard enough for us to find the tine with just our one toddler. And his days off right now are Wednesday and Thursday so we would have no real family time. He's up for a promotion so that might change but as of right now it is what it is.
My friend starts her new job on the 28th so I news to make up my mind ASAP but I'm torn.
The money would be fantastic, ESPECIALLY if we're planning another. But at what cost would it come? Would we be able to get that baby? I dont know what to do :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Sweetheart, my husband works overnights, sleeps during the day, and I have our son and watch a three year old whose mother works any shift in the book, from 6am-5pm to 4pm-midnight. It's hard to find private time, but it can be done. The good thing about your scenario is that she has a regular schedule, much easier to schedule in bow-chika-bow-wow. Don't pass up on a good opportunity because you're afraid you won't have time to baby-make: you will.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM
My mil kinda said that, thank you. This is kinda tmi...but we dont have locks on our bedroom door and the thought of someone else's kid walking in is horrifying!

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Sweetheart, my husband works overnights, sleeps during the day, and I have our son and watch a three year old whose mother works any shift in the book, from 6am-5pm to 4pm-midnight. It's hard to find private time, but it can be done. The good thing about your scenario is that she has a regular schedule, much easier to schedule in bow-chika-bow-wow. Don't pass up on a good opportunity because you're afraid you won't have time to baby-make: you will.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Nor do we :) We don't do it when the boy is here. But if your husband is anything like mine, he won't mind being woken or having to wait a bit to go to sleep, or getting up early, for some nookie. I could be a thousand miles away from my husband and if I so much as whispered "sex" my husband would wake from a coma.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

My mil kinda said that, thank you. This is kinda tmi...but we dont have locks on our bedroom door and the thought of someone else's kid walking in is horrifying!

Quoting sucker4myloves:

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

chrissysnow22
by Chrissy on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I would take it if I was looking for a job. My dh works overnight and we are ttc also. I just started watching my nephew on my off day during the day time. We dont have locks either but Trust me we find time 😉
Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM
This. Take the job. My husband works in the oil fields - he could have been onsite for 24 hours or more, drive the three hours back, unloaded his crew and all their gear, turned in a ticket and dragged his butt through the door. But if I even so much as say "hi love" or any other indication that I'm not sound asleep, well, let's just say he sleeps well. ;-)
I used to get my neices and nephews during the summer and any other time my sisters-in law decided not to want to be moms, their 5 kids and my two, all ranging in age from 2 months to 11 years - we never had an empty room or "free" time...but we accommodated. Nothing like trying to squeeze into the back of a crew cab and act like 17 year olds when you're in your thirties and not as limber!
Where there is a will, there is a way. Making a baby isn't supposed to be so stressful, save the worry for after the little one comes - enjoy the moment!

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Nor do we :) We don't do it when the boy is here. But if your husband is anything like mine, he won't mind being woken or having to wait a bit to go to sleep, or getting up early, for some nookie. I could be a thousand miles away from my husband and if I so much as whispered "sex" my husband would wake from a coma.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathercm26
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Go to walmart and buy a hook latch. Costs about 2 bucks. Leaves only tiny hole in the wood which can be filled and hidden with wood putty for 5 bucks. Saves a ton of oops. Lol

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I agree with the previous posters - take the job.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:17 AM

If you like the little guy and you don't mind potty training then do it. I think it would be tax free, but you have to work that out with the parents, I can't remember but I think there's a deduction they can take for child care and if they have to provide your info. that could be troublesome.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Take it!

DH and I overcame midnight shift, 3 little ones in the house during the day, AND a vasectomy when I conceived our DD.  It can be done!

Agree with PP:  get a small hook lock for your bedroom door.

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Take it! Your DD will get a friend and you'll get some extra cash. Another baby will happen when the times right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)