Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

200 or so cans of vegis

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this

vegis were on sale at bhelers for 30cents a can so we went and got over 200 of them. last week giant eagle had steak,roast,pork chops,and ribs on BOGO. between all of that I think we're pretty set.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Wow, that's a GREAT deal!

EDDES
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

woohoo 

NocturnesAngel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Awesome :)

mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM

WOW! Awesome deal! Where do you store it all?

EmmasMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM

that is awesome! 

MaskedMomma
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this

well a few months ago I got a deep freezer so $185 is what I spent on meat that was bogo so like close to $400 worth of meat is in there right now, plus a bunch of butter I got for like 60cent a box at the holidays,and 10lbs of cheese is in there too.

my cuboards have mostly grains in them, like noodles,spagetti,cereal ect. went to GFS and got the noodles, pb & nutella. get jelly, cereal,tortillas at the actual groocery stores,recently got a bunch of pb crunch at save-a lot for $1.49 each on sale. I also keep dry drink stuff in there. tea-bags, instant breakfast mixes, some kool-aid & coffee.

SO built me a lil pantry he got at menards for like $50 awhile back,like last summer. he didn't want to but I bet him I could go to the store and get a "todays savings of" $50 or more.if I did it I got the pantry. I wooped him with that one giant eagle had laundry detergent for half off and I had coupons. I spent $2 on 20 bottles lol.

anyways the pantry has a top and bottom. top half I store baking suplies (sugar,flour,choc chips,pudding & jello some mixes) most of which I just got over the holidays. bottom half I store cans.excess cans go under the kitchen sink w/ all the 2ltrs. 

I've finally gotten to the point again where I can mostly just shop sales. it took me like 6 months to get  back to this point, a lot of it happening this month.(last year was a rough one we depleted our stockpile before the baby was even born) ButI've spent like $500 total this month. We budget $400 in case there is something super good, I normaly only spend about $200 a month though. Before you ask it's me & him, a 6yr old, 2 3yr olds, and a 4month old (who I'm nursing). We also feed at least one meal a week to another family or two.

Quoting mamabearlehman:

WOW! Awesome deal! Where do you store it all?

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Wow that's a good deal.  I need to find a good deal on staple items.  Sometimes stores have a sale. But never at 30 cents a can of veggies. 

lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM
That's awesome!! Wish they'd do that here somewhere
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaskedMomma
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM

they said it's a yearly sale.Maybe next year I can figure out what a years worth would be for us and buy enough lol

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

Wow that's a good deal.  I need to find a good deal on staple items.  Sometimes stores have a sale. But never at 30 cents a can of veggies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)