Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Spring Break Savings Challenge Day 4: Have Free Fun with Family and Friends ~ WIN A BONUS PRIZE!!

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 108 Replies

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will WIN a CafeMom Beachball & Frisbee!

Welcome to Day 4 of the Spring Break Savings Challenge!

What are your favorite games to play with your family and friends? Game nights are a great way to have fun as a family or socialize with friends without paying a cent. Try card games or board games that you already have in the house or can borrow, like Trivial Pursuit, Boggle, or Apples to Apples.

Do you like to play board games with your family?
What is your family's favorite game to play?
Have you ever had a game night with friends?

One member who signs up for our Spring Break Savings Challenge and replies to all 7 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Break Savings Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

The Giveaway Rules:
The Spring Break Savings Challenge Bonus 1 Giveaway 3/21/13 at 8am (ET) and ends 3/31/13 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to all 7 daily posts with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Beachball & Frisbee.
The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I love playing scrabble with anyone who also likes to play, I've even thought about joining the library scrabble group.  We also play scene it, outburst, bingo, anything really.

Bmat
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:13 AM

We never have with friends, although I'd like to. With the kids we used to play D&D for a while, then monopoly.

kerryket
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:14 AM

We have played board games but failed at making a family or friends game night, too many schedules to juggle.

We play UNO, Sorry, Monopoly, Story Cubes, Scrabble and Apples to Apples, the kids play chess, too.

occumommy
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Board games are a staple in my house! We like monopoly, and trouble the most but we also play scrabble, trivial pursuit, chutesand ladders, candyland, kids of catan, and rattlesnakes.
We used to have game nights where we would invite friends over on fridays but not so much anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Do you like to play board games with your family?  Yes!
What is your family's favorite game to play?  Monopoly
Have you ever had a game night with friends?  Oh yes...the adults played cards and the kids played UNO

IrishMama88
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I have played lots of games with my family and friends through the years, although some of them won't play Trivial Pursuit with me anymore!  lol  My nieces love to pull out "Life" when we're visiting my parents.  My son is only a baby yet, so we obviously don't play anything like that with him right now, but I certainly plan to once he's old enough.

My husband has friends that host a game night every month.  We haven't been able to go for quite awhile now because of the baby (and the fact that they are a considerable driving distance away from our home), but hopefully at some point in the future we'll be able to make the trip again.

I enjoy trivia games of any kind, especially the ones that include video (Scene It), as well as Cranium and anything that gets groups involved.

ksueditz
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM
My favorite is Skip-bo, but everyone gets tired of playing w/ me. :( lol
We also like charades, Pictureka, chutes and ladders, and Last Word.
My dh has had a Texas hold 'em poker game night w/ my dad and brothers a few times.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM
We have never had a game night. Usually we all do dinner at someones house and everyone brings something, then we play w the kids and then its bedtime so everyone scatters. Maybe when the kids are older wecan do game nights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM

we are still into chutes and ladders and candyland...the whole family likes to play wheel of fortune.  I believe it has helped our boys with learning the alphabet and now reading.

acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Uno, monopoly and scrabble. Those are family favorites. We also love playing dancing games on our Xbox Kinect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)