Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Spring Break Savings Challenge Day 7: Take a Virtual Trip ~ WIN A BONUS PRIZE!!

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 93 Replies

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will WIN a CafeMom Sports Pack!

Welcome to Day 7 of the Spring Break Savings Challenge!

How much money do you spend on books, CDs, or movies? Could you have borrowed the item from your local library instead? Using your library can save you money that you put toward entertainment. These days, most libraries offer much more than books. You can borrow movies, music, and even e-books, both for you and the kids and have a virtual vacation right from your living room.

Have you ever taken a virtual vacation?
What is your favorite vacation-related movie?
What is your favorite book about a faraway location?

One member who signs up for our Spring Break Savings Challenge and replies to all 7 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Break Savings Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

The Giveaway Rules:
The Spring Break Savings Challenge Bonus 2 Giveaway starts 3/24/13 at 8am (ET) and ends 3/31/13 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to all 7 daily posts with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Sports Pack.
The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Have you ever taken a virtual vacation?  We do it every winter!
What is your favorite vacation-related movie? "RV"
What is your favorite book about a faraway location? I don't really have a favorite book, but I love books about Ireland.

endurablemist
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I have never taken a virtual vacation. We do however have a library membership, and get books often. I love reading all sorts if stuff, so I have no favorite.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I love my e-books, I do get some from our library system because it is fantastic here.  With one card you have access to every library in the state.  I also borrrow dvids and occasionally music.

I also like sites where I can find free kindle e-books and game apps.  Games are a great way for me to relax at night.

I do take virtual vacations all the time, its what keeps me sane, lol.  I love geography and learning about other cultures.  My favorite vacation movie Is Nat'l lampoosn European vacation.  I mostly read books about world history, anthropology and politics.  Its hard to pin down a favorite but right now I am reading a comprehensive history of Viet Nam and its people.

ksueditz
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
We take virtual vacations on rainy or snow days. We have checked out movies f/ our library.
ninamsi
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I think when I watch shows on the Travel channel I am taking a virtual vacation. I like some of thshow on HGTV and others that show places I would like to visit. I do not have a movie or book in mind right now that I can list.
SlightlyPerfect
I am so spoiled.
Today at 10:46 AM
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM

This totally reminded me that I have books waiting for me at the library!

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
I am so spoiled.
Today at 10:46 AM
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM

What program does your library use for ebooks? I can order hardcopy books from anywhere in the state here in PA, but I'm not sure about how the ebooks work because I have yet to DL the program.

Quoting matreshka:

I love my e-books, I do get some from our library system because it is fantastic here.  With one card you have access to every library in the state.  I also borrrow dvids and occasionally music.

slightlyperfect

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Our library system uses overdrive, but there are a few programs out there that libraries use.  overdrive took me a bit to get used to but is well worth.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

What program does your library use for ebooks? I can order hardcopy books from anywhere in the state here in PA, but I'm not sure about how the ebooks work because I have yet to DL the program.

Quoting matreshka:

KerryK
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I haven't been to the library in a while, I'm busy reading text books! I will have to look for a good"virtual vacation" book for spring break next month if I'm not loaded down with essays to wrote!
lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I havent been to a library in a while but i dont have much reading time available. We rent new movies from redbox, often with freebie codes. We will be going to the library soon as my kiddos are old enough to enjoy it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)