Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh! Stupid me!!!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 24 Replies
I did a lot of Christmas shopping on line this year, I signed up for the free trial of amazon prime so I could get the free shipping with every intention of canceling it! I even tried to find the number to call earlier this week to cancel, but couldn't find it, then I got busy and forgot. Sure enough $79 was charged to my debit card this am, bringing it close to being overdrawn, thank goodness dh had some extra money I will put in my acct to avoid overdrawing it! Now that it posted to my acct the number to call also posted so I can cancel it! I wonder how long it will take for them to refund the money? Ugh so mad at myself!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM
That sucks!! I hope they do cancel and refund your money - let us know. Some companies are huge sticklers. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM

That happens to me every single time I sign up for something intending to cancel it. 

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM

It took like 4 or so days to get my money back.  I never signed up for Amazon Prime.  They just assumed I wanted it.  Charged it to my credit card.   I question the charge on my credit card.  As I have not been using our credit card.  What is this charge.  I didn't know what Amazon Prime was.  Get told to call Amazon. They tell me it's a membership with benefits.  I said I never signed up for it.  They are like.  So you don't want that?   Ummm No.  You either take it off my credit card.  Or I will file charges. They said it takes like 5-7 days to get reimbursed. 

lizfnf
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM

If you use amazon a lot it actually pays to keep it.  My husband did the math before I signed us up and it made sense for us.  And you get free ebooks and movies/tv shows.  Look into it a little more before you cancel.  

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Quoting lizfnf:

If you use amazon a lot it actually pays to keep it.  My husband did the math before I signed us up and it made sense for us.  And you get free ebooks and movies/tv shows.  Look into it a little more before you cancel.  

...since I don't feel like looking into it at the moment, what are the benefits?  I use Amazon a LOT.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM

My daughter and her husband live in San Fransisco where driving and parking are a nightmare. They order almost everything on line and love Amazon Prime.

lyrick24
by Melissa on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM

im sorry they charged you. i hope you get your money back.

jenniferlee_12
by Jenn on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Oh wow that is why I didn't sign up because I would forget to cancel. Hope they refund it fast.

heavensdaughter
by Anne on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Oh, that sucks!  I never sign up for those things just because I know I would forget to cancel!

Pink Diamonds
                                   Join us in reaching your goals and making new friends!

lizfnf
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM

If you make more than 10 orders a year it already paid for itself.  Everything Prime related is at your door within 2 days, though I have recently had a lot of orders coming in next day.   The free movies and tv shows are terrble.  We found things to watch over the holidays as a family, though more current movies are lacking.  Tons of kids programming though.  If you use the kindle you can "rent" a free book a month.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting lizfnf:

...since I don't feel like looking into it at the moment, what are the benefits?  I use Amazon a LOT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)