Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas
I did a lot of Christmas shopping on line this year, I signed up for the free trial of amazon prime so I could get the free shipping with every intention of canceling it! I even tried to find the number to call earlier this week to cancel, but couldn't find it, then I got busy and forgot. Sure enough $79 was charged to my debit card this am, bringing it close to being overdrawn, thank goodness dh had some extra money I will put in my acct to avoid overdrawing it! Now that it posted to my acct the number to call also posted so I can cancel it! I wonder how long it will take for them to refund the money? Ugh so mad at myself!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

That sucks!  That's why I never sign up for things I know I won't want to pay for in the long run.  

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I'm sure they'll refund you. Same thing happened to me last year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaO
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I'm not sure what the benefits even are? I only use amazon to order stuff and not all that often. Can you fill me in on it and its cost effectiveness? Thanks.

Quoting lizfnf:

If you use amazon a lot it actually pays to keep it.  My husband did the math before I signed us up and it made sense for us.  And you get free ebooks and movies/tv shows.  Look into it a little more before you cancel.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaO
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Oops I see you already responded. Thanks for the info, I will look into it a little more before I cancel it. Thanks!

Quoting TonyaO:

I'm not sure what the benefits even are? I only use amazon to order stuff and not all that often. Can you fill me in on it and its cost effectiveness? Thanks.

Quoting lizfnf:

If you use amazon a lot it actually pays to keep it.  My husband did the math before I signed us up and it made sense for us.  And you get free ebooks and movies/tv shows.  Look into it a little more before you cancel.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Oh that stinks!

anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Argh!  I think we have all done that before!  That sucks!

momrocks2000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Amazon is wonderful to work with.  Just call explain your financial situation, on a very tight budget, & they may immediately refund the $79.00.  I love Amazon.  Remember 'be nice', tell them you are a great customer, and get lots of other ppl to sign up for Amazon too.  I bet you can get this fixed 'asap' --- Amazon is awesome.  Otherwise, I have purchased Amazon Prime when I had my business, and loved it because free shipping to my house saves me time.  Its your call....keep it or ask for a refund.  Personally, if I had the funds right now, I'd keep Amazon Prime...free shipping rocks.

a_and_j_momma
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Free 2 day shipping. Do you have an iPad or kindle? Free movies and shows, downloads and a free loaner book a month. Oh and cheap movie rentals

I have found some good, free movies on there

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting lizfnf:

...since I don't feel like looking into it at the moment, what are the benefits?  I use Amazon a LOT.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Sounds like I need to look into it, thanks!

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

Free 2 day shipping. Do you have an iPad or kindle? Free movies and shows, downloads and a free loaner book a month. Oh and cheap movie rentals

I have found some good, free movies on there

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting lizfnf:

...since I don't feel like looking into it at the moment, what are the benefits?  I use Amazon a LOT.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM

hope they refund it soon for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN