Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Inexpensive baby clothes, eBay, craigslist?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM
  • 24 Replies

Would you recommend buying baby clothes (new born) on eBay or Craigslist?  What are some things to look for when searching or purchasing from either?

Thanks!

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I got a ton of good ones from free cycle. Look for stains and tears.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fireflymcl
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I recommend craigslist over ebay because with craigslist you can actually look at the clothing before purchasing. Another option is yardsale group through FB. Most areas have at least a couple. :)

PEEK05
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I don't buy used clothing.  My kids only wear hand-me-downs from people I know and trust the history of the clothing.

AleaKat
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Eh. I'm not much of an Internet shopper. I'd hit up Salvation Army .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

this... i would rather ask friends than pay for other peoples junk.

if you are looking for cheap clothing for newborns, go to walmart/kmart. i dont buy my kids clothes there, but i have heard they are super cheap.

also babies r us has super cheap stuff on clearance.  i used to buy them clothes from there when they were babies

Quoting PEEK05:

I don't buy used clothing.  My kids only wear hand-me-downs from people I know and trust the history of the clothing.

SRUsarahSC
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM

most of my daughters clothes are used.  Got many given to me as hand me downs, and I shop at second childrens clothing stores--prefer those over internet buying because you can examine them better.  Most "used" newborn clothes look brand new.  There are many used kids stores where I live so I'm sure if you look around you will find many as well. Happy hunting!

lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I browse craigslist for large lots of clothes for cheap, and i usually look thru the stuff before i buy it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Ps, right now is crazy winter clearance time so you can find some pretty awesome deals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bh1ndmyhzliis
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Well we have groups on Facebook that are called Swip Swap and they are found all over and I am sure some like it all over the country.. some are baby stuff, some are adult stuff, furniture, etc.. people post a picture and their asking price... and then if you want it, you contact them and set up arrangements on how you are going to get the item... you can bid or make offers as well.. its really neat!

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:10 AM
I have bought off Craigslist. I tend to stick to upper middle class areas as they tend to have better brands. I never buy bulk because I life to pick and choose.

Yard sales are a good place too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)