Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

When are federal tax refunds going to start being issued?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 17 Replies

We e-filed on Saturday and I know the IRS isn't processing anything until the 30th, does anyone know when they will begin issuing direct deposit refunds?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM

One of my friends has already filed. She got an email saying it would be processed on the 31st and then deposited by the 14th.  Not sure how accurate that is though

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM

we still haven't gotten one single W2 yet...

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM

That would be nice if it takes 2 weeks!

Quoting Moki75:

One of my friends has already filed. She got an email saying it would be processed on the 31st and then deposited by the 14th.  Not sure how accurate that is though

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh no! Well, I guess technically they have til the end of the month.  It sucks they are slacking on getting them out.

Quoting Moki75:

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM

yea but mine got delayed 2 weeks last year so I fully expect it to take longer than whatever they say LOL

Quoting matreshka:

That would be nice if it takes 2 weeks!

Quoting Moki75:

momrocks2000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

IRS is not beginning to process returns until January 30, 2013.  Now, you might of got lucky, and you were in a test batch.  You know you can check on-line with the IRS, and most states...it's easy.

Go to irs.gov   *make sure you are on the correct site...you'll need your tax return infront of you for information (very little)... ask for When do I get my return:  type in your confidential information & it will offer you when taxes were processed, accepted, and when to expect your refund, usually 10 to 12 days from Acceptance; depends how backed up they get too...IRS is on a different processing calendar this year; they were delayed.  I worked for a CPA for quite a few years during tax season.  Now the 10 to 12 days may even be shorter for some, and longer for others.  Lots of variables.

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I know.  2 are from our former jobs in MO so I am sure we will be waiting on snail mail even longer.  

Quoting matreshka:

Oh no! Well, I guess technically they have til the end of the month.  It sucks they are slacking on getting them out.

Quoting Moki75:

angevil53
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I read somewhere that it will take significantly longer this time. But last year it only took us four days to get ours. The irs has mine already but it wont be processed til the 30th. Idc I'm just paying bills with it anyways.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I am not filing until March so I could not tell you but good luck

scorpiobabes
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM

If you e-file early and there's no errors, it traditionally has taken 10-15 days early in the season. Not sure how long this year because of how long it took for the government to get its head out of its ass before they resolved the fiscal crisis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)