Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Frugal Accomplishments

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's been a while since we've had one of these threads.  What frugal things did you do this past week?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimberlync
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I cut my own hair, cut my fiance's hair, ate leftovers, which used to be a huge no-no in my house lol, reused my coffee filter (I normally only change out my filter once a week), and used a cloth to clean my mirrors instead of paper towels

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I ordered my garden seeds after realizing that I had saved enough seeds from last year for most of the garden seed needs this year!

boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM
We shopped at save a lot and bought off brand, going to see if it tastes as good, if it does that will probably save us at least $10-20 per shopping trip.
opal10161973
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Stocked up on food from BJ's.  The meat prices are always lower than other places, including Walmart and the quality if a lot better. 

Example: 

BJ's sells their 88/12 ground beef for $2.79/pound. 

Walmart sells their 73/27 ground beef for $3.18/pound.   

So, I paid less money for more actual meat and less fat content.  YAY!

Gorilla_Mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I only ran my drier for one load of laundry. All the rest has been line dried inside. Been turning the tv off more and eating lots of leftovers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momrocks2000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Eating leftovers, eating out of our tiny freezer, and making different types of meals using items from our cupboard.  Trying to prepare dinners that last longer than one day, atleast two meals.  Attempting to not to waste food, if we can't eat, our dog will.

mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

We haven't eaten out at all. Been cooking at home and eating the leftovers. This is a HUGE accomplishment for us

lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM
If you pay attention to their sellby dates and hit the store the day before u can get even more of a discount!

Quoting opal10161973:

Stocked up on food from BJ's.  The meat prices are always lower than other places, including Walmart and the quality if a lot better. 

Example: 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I wish I had more time for that, but right now with FT classes, I felt lucky to be able to have the time and energy to stock up on the 55+ pounds of meat I bought the other day.  Thanks for the tip though.

Quoting lillucky8:

If you pay attention to their sellby dates and hit the store the day before u can get even more of a discount!

Quoting opal10161973:

Example: 

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Shopped for un paper towels, are a frozen stew made by me! (Reheated)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)