Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

It's been a while since we've had one of these threads.  What frugal things did you do this past week?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Replies (31-36):
romalove
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:47 AM

I scored .89 packages of chicken sausage because it was last sell by date.  We keep it in the freezer and cook it as needed, usually mixing it with broccoli rabe and olive oil and garlic, or making it in a pasta sauce and serving it over spaghetti squash.  We are low carb eaters here.

ALolies
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I use a wax warmer. Instead of buying the scented wax (which costs a fortune) I buy a $5 candle and dig it out of the jar. Saves me about $25

my4boys2002
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Stayed on budget
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livingdeadmom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM
used un-paper towels to scrub the house, made laundry detergent. made homemade bug spray. ate leftovers, walked to the commissary, pulled some of ds2's clothes out of bins to use for ds3 instead of buying new. made 4 loaves of bread, 2 batches of jam. got our internet bill cut in half. got 9 bags of dark chocolate chips for .99! turned some long sleeve shirts into short sleeves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spcmom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Did NOT go grocery shopping, we are using up the miscellaneous stuff that ends up in the pantry and freezer.
spcmom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Did NOT go grocery shopping, we are using up the miscellaneous stuff that ends up in the pantry and freezer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)