Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

HOW TO REPURPOSE WITHOUT THE CLUTTER

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 10 Replies

I love the idea of using everthing up and saving things to repurpose them But what do you do with toilet paper rolls and spaghetti sauce jars and coffee cans while they are waiting for their second use?

How do you organize things to keep your house in order and clutter-free while saving all these things?

~FRUGALISTAS MOD~

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I just don't keep more than a few of those things.  You're right.  The clutter becomes overwhelming and then it just isn't worth it because I'm using up storage for things I need now in favor of things I may come up with a use for someday.

boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I'm starting to do this, but I try to come up with a plan for whatever I have on hand already, otherwise I won't add more to it. Otherwise it just becomes another type of clutter problem lol. 

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I am hoping to get some ideas because our apt does become clutter central with all the stuff we save.

Anniea90
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM

If I have an idea or think I might I save it. I have rubbermaids. Sometimes I put it with my craft stuff or over in the corner of the pantry - we have a good sized pantry.

specialwingz
by Corey on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I just don't keep much of it unless I know for a fact I'm going to use it in the near future.  Keeping things "just in case" just gets too cumbersome for me. 

mamabear0791
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I have a tote that I keep handy for things I think the school may need, and when I get too many things stored, I fill it up and drop it off. I can pick up the tote after they've had a chance to empty it. Some of the things they use -repurposed screws, bolts, nuts, shoe boxes - go to the classrooms for students with IEPs for centers, some for crafts. 

Missy5326
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Toilet paper rolls are great for holding extension cord . Fold them up and slide them in.
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:51 PM

if you have freecycle in your area...you can offer some of them to others who might be able to use them for projects

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I just tend to put that stuff in the recycle can, or donate it to boys and girls club.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I use jars and cans to pour myold grease in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)