Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas
Its coming up fast!!! Does anyone celebrate? Boycott?
We dont go crazy but dh usually brings home flowers and chocolate for me and a new book or something small for dd. I bought shrimp when it was on sale a few weeks ago and froze it and I'm waiting on a good steak sale and I'll make us a nice dinner. And probably do some crafts with dd.
What about you guys?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Replies (11-18):
ripemango
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

thank you :)))

i love the dollar store too. i can spend just $2-3 and DD thinks it is the best thing ever.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

The dollar store is a gold mine for these kinds of holidays!
Happy anniversary!!! What a cool day to remember :-)

Quoting ripemango:

we celebrate, not w big expensive stuff lately well, not able!

dh & i met on Vday so it's an anniversary of sorts that we always honor.

we will do a nice meal that we prob cook together. we may not get each other anything...i dunno, tend to reminisce more than anything. we are going to get a lil balloon from dollar store, some lil candy thing for DD.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

paytonleximomma
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM

For the kids I try to do something fun for breakfast for them and there lunches are special too.  For supper we are going to do a heart shaped pizza this yr.  I usually get the kids each something they can sleep with so usually a teddy bear or new pjs.  Hubby's birthday is on the 17th so we usually celebrate these on his is bday.  This yr my nephews bday party is early that afternoon.  However, that night we are going out to eat at Red Lobster because I got 2 gift cards their from my boss.  And we usually try to get each other a card and something small.

lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I usually get nothing. I dont know why dh fails at this kinda stuff lol, ill be doing fun crafts w dd :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I'll probably just do some crafts with the kids. DH has to work nights so we won't be doing anything special.

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Yes we celebrate usual in a big way ,it is our anniversary too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:26 PM
We celebrate it but nothing big because our anniversary is in 2 weeks after. We just cook our favorite meal and eat in the patio with clear Christmas lights on and candles. I'm planning to cook snow crabs since it's on sale right now and surprise so because he loves snow crabs as much I do. And not too sure if dd and I will bake red velvet cupcake or pie pops to give out to her grandparents. Dd is making bookmark using paint color chart for her teachers and she'll do her usual art stuff. I'm making homemade coupons for dd from me and so.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mammapav
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:57 AM

We always do something special but small.  

Medusa686
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I get a card for hubby and son.  I am not a romantic type so Valentines Day is just a day for stores to make money. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)