Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im so dumb

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:48 PM
  • 12 Replies
So I spent $180 on groceries a week ago and we were almost out of food today. I had $30 set aside to "fill" in the gaps. Well tom thumb was having there spend $75 get $10 back and I fell for it!!! Then realized I had spent $280 for a family of 5! We eat a lot of fruits and vrgtables (organic) and that included diapers and soap etc. I am so mad at myself for getting sucked in! Uuuggghhh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NikkiDoll
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:50 PM
That actually doesn't sound too bad considering what you bought.
cherishhope
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM
That soul just make almost $600 a month for food! Many of the ladies here spend half of that :(

Quoting NikkiDoll:

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't beat yourself up over it! Just try harder next time to not get pulled in by those types of deals unless you can really afford to. Try making more foods from scratch to cut your bill down even more (if your not already)
Idntreallycare
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't worry about what others spend in here. Everybody has their own budget and their own set of circumstances

Quoting cherishhope:

That soul just make almost $600 a month for food! Many of the ladies here spend half of that :(

Quoting NikkiDoll:

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Agreed. For a family of five and at least one in diapers, this seems great! You have to make your own grocery budget work for you - don't forget we all live all over, some have access to cheaper stores, and some places double coupons!! And you're going organic - So that's a little increase there, too! Be proud - imagine what you would have spent if you hadnt gotten sucked in and shoot for that!

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Don't worry about what others spend in here. Everybody has their own budget and their own set of circumstances

Quoting cherishhope:

Quoting NikkiDoll:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:09 PM

i spend between $600 and $800 a month and am a family of 5 too.  Don't feel too bad.  I spend less in the summer due to my garden but not a lot less  :/

Quoting cherishhope:

Quoting NikkiDoll:

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I spend around $500 for a family of four, though it would be a lot less if I didn't buy as many snacks and stuff we don't need. Like this month I only spent $300 because I didn't buy as much stuff we didn't need and also because it will only be and the kids next week so I bought different dinner stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Chin up! It's getting harder and harder to spend less than that for a larger family.

Funny story, my SIL (this was before they had kids) used to brag that she only spent $50 a month at the grocery store. Come to find out it was because they ate out almost every single meal! She couldn't understand why no one thought it was that great of an accomplishment. LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Dont call yourself dumb! If *you* think you could have done better, lesson learned for next time.
But if you're measuring your budget against the rest of the group, you'll drive yourself crazy! We all live all over and prices vary greatly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Your not dumb!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)