Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

medical bills are going to suck us dry!!

Posted by   + Show Post

And this is NOT including the braces ugh!!!  My husband's insurance through his work is horrid.  No copays for doctor's visits.  The ins pays NOTHING till we reach our deductible.  that is $1500 per person.  My son got sent home from school with a fever and very sore ear.  He is autistic so when he says something hurts I take it serious. We are going to have to pay at least $200 for the office visit and his antibiotic was $140.  We have a HSA but we couldn't put enough in it to cover all the deductibles.  We had to pay $2,000 for when my daughter put a popcorn kernel in her ear last year.  It seems every extra cent gets spent at the dr or dentist or pharmacy.  

OK vent over LOL  The only good thing is his employer puts $750 in the HSA as well so that is going to cover todays bills.  

and I shouldn't complain bec my friend's son spent a month in the PICU and her after insurance bills are in the hundreds of thousands.  and yes I am thankful to have insurance so I will shut it LOL

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Replies (21-27):
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I am in Texas. 

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:40 PM

oh good lord........Influenza B has hit my house.  At this rate we might hit our deductible soon LOL

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Most areas have income based health clinics, usually cheaper than deductibles. Here is a list for your state. Most states have these, especially in the southwest.

http://www.needymeds.org/free_clinics.taf?_function=list&state=tx

Quoting Moki75:

I am in Texas. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:35 PM

that was actually very helpful thanks!  I am just worried we make too much but I will check them out for the next round LOL

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Most areas have income based health clinics, usually cheaper than deductibles. Here is a list for your state. Most states have these, especially in the southwest.

Quoting Moki75:

I am in Texas. 

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM
You're welcome, rates are cheaper and many do take health insurance you have, charges maybe slightly lower. Just call, hopefully something will work out for you.

Quoting Moki75:

that was actually very helpful thanks!  I am just worried we make too much but I will check them out for the next round LOL

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Moki75:

I am in Texas. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM

it is so crazy that here in the US people who need healthcare and cannot afford it or dont have a job right now..have to pay out the nose or be in debt over it...

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM

$225 for tamiflu.........we are passing on that 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN