Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

PANTRY STOCK

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

What items to you stock up on the most in your pantry?  How long could you go right now with what you have on hand?

~FRUGALISTAS MOD~

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Dried pastas, rice, various beans, baking staples, vinegar, canned tomatoes, creamed soups, water, dried fruit...a bottle of tequila...the essentials. ;-)

chrissysnow22
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Rice
Flour
Baking soda
Baking powder
Salt
Sugar
Oatmeal
Dry milk
BBQ sauce
Canned tomatoes
Pumpkin filling
Cream of broccoli
Cream of chicken
Chicken broth
Syrup
Evaporated milk
Brown sugar
Popcorn
Various pasta
That's all I can think of right now. Could last a month or so.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:01 AM

dried pasta, rice, canned tomatoes, pasta sauce, beans, soups, ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce, crackers, kids snacks, pediasure.  At the very least 2 to 3  months.  i dont like to do a big shop very often.

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Pasta rice cream soupshome canned veggies broths jams and soups flour ketchup bbq soy sauce canned tomatoes pickles pretzels dried fruit peanuts evap milk sugar pancake mix syrup canned pumpkin spaghettios ramen tuna and spam.

I keep these stocked at all times. Live in a tornado area and regularly go without power.
Oh and canned beans and bottled water.

I also personally stock liquid vitamins and crystal light but I literally live off it for the most part.

I have at least six months for a family of two, balanced.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:07 AM

I keep almond meal, coconut flour, coconut milk, canned pumpkin, shredded coconut, nuts (mostly almonds right now), canned albacore, canned tomato sauce/diced tomatoes/tomatoes and green chilies, vegetable juice, honey, molasses, olive oil, white vinegar, mustards, baking soda and powder, spices and herbs, tea, herbal tea, raisins, sunflower seeds

home canned:  sweet and dill pickles, grape juice, tomatoes, applesauce, apple butter, sweet and dill relishes, green beans, beet pickles

Those, combined with the meats/frozen veggies/frozen cheese we have in the freezer, could last us a couple of months or more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)