Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

local 3rd grade teacher found with heroin

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 14 Replies
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23927292

This is so disturbing to me. They found traces inside the classroom. How would feel?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Clicky?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I'm mobile, can't make it clicky

Quoting 907PickleMom:

Clicky?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:55 AM
nebcutie
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Pissed to say the least is how i would feel!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I would be livid!

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!
REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

LilySlim Diet days tickers

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:39 AM

My heart broke when I read that traces were found inside the classroom around little kids. This was just unacceptable behavior, no one noticed her being high was even more disturbing.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I would be livid!

sucker4myloves
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Someone noticed enough to turn her in, thankfully. I can't believe it got to the point where she did it in class and no other adults knew anything. Lengthy sentence for her, I expect.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

My heart broke when I read that traces were found inside the classroom around little kids. This was just unacceptable behavior, no one noticed her being high was even more disturbing.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I would be livid!

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I can only hope, so many are saying that she shouldn't be in jail but receive help. Yes, receive help in jail and never again be around kids.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Someone noticed enough to turn her in, thankfully. I can't believe it got to the point where she did it in class and no other adults knew anything. Lengthy sentence for her, I expect.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I would be livid!

sucker4myloves
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:04 AM

UGH. I am so sick of the "help the criminals" approach. Do sick people need help? Yes. Does that mean they deserve any less to be punished? Of course not! She did the most terrible drug you can do, and around children, other people's children no less. That could have gone so far south so fast. A kid could have gotten ahold of her stash and been too curious for his own good. If we stop over-punishing stupid crimes and start punishing the dangerous ones instead of molly coddling them, we might get something done.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

I can only hope, so many are saying that she shouldn't be in jail but receive help. Yes, receive help in jail and never again be around kids.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I would be livid!

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I fully agree, my other issue was that trace amounts were found in the class. Did any of the children get exposed to those trace amounts through touch, breathing in? I am really greatful nothing major happened like you said, but what effects will this have later for those children?

Quoting sucker4myloves:

UGH. I am so sick of the "help the criminals" approach. Do sick people need help? Yes. Does that mean they deserve any less to be punished? Of course not! She did the most terrible drug you can do, and around children, other people's children no less. That could have gone so far south so fast. A kid could have gotten ahold of her stash and been too curious for his own good. If we stop over-punishing stupid crimes and start punishing the dangerous ones instead of molly coddling them, we might get something done.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I would be livid!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)