Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

scratcher

iron man

bomber

robin (we have a batman already)

tinkerbell

peepers

apple

tbone (dh named this one. lol)

can you tell the kids named them?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
EDDES
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM

blowing kissesLove love love them.kiss

a_and_j_momma
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM
So cute
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

They are ridiculously cute

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:00 AM

They're all so cute!

RIP Scratcher

funkycat
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

In my neighborhood there are 2 families with chickens. I might become the third this spring.We are in a working class residential area of mostly1/4 to 1/5 acre lots with the homes of 1,000 to 1,400 sqr. feet.The only problem has been when there are 2 males, and the fight and try to out call eachother.

bikerlady007
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM

awwww you have two black silkies!!! (bomber and iron man) you can tell by the blue skin on their feet - wait till they get their fluffy mohawks!  Mine are all white, but one had a perfect pom pom on her head - we called her Elvis, even after she started laying eggs.  Congratulations...  have fun!

moroccanmommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I've been wanting for years . I have a huge back yard. 1/2 Acer ...sadly I'm short on time
bikerlady007
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Don't worry about the cold - build a sturdy coop that is draft free, preditor proof, and if you can run electricity out to it, you have it made.  Mine are fine up here in VT and it has been down to -20* already, I make extra oatmeal on those days and put chopped up fruit in it for them, they love it!  and meat loaf, and you should see them with warm noodles!!! OMG. you'd think it was a wiggly worm fest!!! There are breeds that can handle the cold better than others - just do your research.

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM

they are supposed to be blue but i don't really care what color they end up being.  lol. I just wanted a couple silkies.

Quoting bikerlady007:

awwww you have two black silkies!!! (bomber and iron man) you can tell by the blue skin on their feet - wait till they get their fluffy mohawks!  Mine are all white, but one had a perfect pom pom on her head - we called her Elvis, even after she started laying eggs.  Congratulations...  have fun!

banana-bear
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM
So stinking cute! I was thinking about getting another chick this year (we are legally only allowed to have 7 and we already have 6). I'm not sure how the older ones will take to the newest one. Does anyone have experience with this?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)