Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

only an hour away

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Just checked my tracking # on my laptop and it is a hour away! Wont be in til monday :( I can't wait til I have it set up, been a month since I did any real work.

How long could you go without your computer?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:08 AM
How frustrating. I could go quite a while....but I have an iPhone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM

...not very long, maybe a week at most -- but I have four computers in the house so accessing Internet daily isn't the problem.  It's all of my financial files that I need.

ziff130
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I couldn't go long. I am in online college full time and I virtual school my son. We'd be at the library a lot if the computer died. 

GrandmaSherry
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I couldn't go long, I don't think.  I have given all our computers to our grown kids and I was using one from hubby's work.  It had glitches and drove me crazy but I used it like that for months.

My hubby surprised me this week with a brand new MacBook Pro and I'm over the moon!  I flipped over the cost (naturally) but it was on a major sale.  Divided over the number of days, weeks, and years I will use it, its very reasonable.

I know you will love your new one when it arrives on Monday!

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM

ummm....i've gone 4 - 6 week several times due to having issues with laptops.   I do not have good luck with computers. lol

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I'd go nuts!  But, thankfully, I have my old laptop as backup.  It might be slow, but, it would get me by in a pinch.  LOL.

mammapav
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I have not gone long without a computer maybe a day or two till Hubby can fix it.  That is how he makes his living.

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I couldn't go long.  Maybe a day or 2 but anything more then that I might have to kill someone.

matreshka
by Valerie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Not too long, I use it to pay bills, budget, coupons, recipes.

Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I went 3 months... Didn't bother me too much. I ran to the library to check my business and email online.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)