Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

What to do w/ 45 pounds of chicken legs???

Posted by   + Show Post

SO wanted to do my sales shopping today, so I didn't have to go out in the snow. He's sort of new to the excitment of sales & coupons but loves the "high" from it as much as I do. He misunderstood my 15 lbs of chicken to be 15 packages (of appx 3 lbs each). It was a good sale, 99 cents a lb. But now we have appx 45 pounds of chicken legs and I'm not sure what all to do with it.

We're a family of 6. SO & myself, a 6yr old, TWO 3yr olds, and a breastfeeding 5 month old. There are 10 legs in each package.

Allergys in the family include--- 3 tomato allergys, 3 lactoce intollerances (mostly to milk or large amounts of dairy), 1 coconut allergy, 1 sea-food allergy, 1 pinapple allergy & one blueberry allergy. If you could give me recipies or ideas it would be greatly appreciated. So far I have a basic fried chicken, the frenches fried onion baked chicken, and croc pot w/ vegis chicken.    OOH and if anyone has ideas for ribs that don't involve BBQ sauce that would be great. Those were BOGO a few weeks ago & we can't think of anything for em!

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Replies (161-163):
ATL958
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Invite the neighbors for a BBQ.

On a serious note, divide & freeze.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:33 AM

wow thats a lot of chicken...

baked chicken is nice

chicken soup

grilled

Momof4terrell
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Chicken is a staple in my home as well.......so chicken I know like the back of my hand. So here is the trick marinade. I shop at wegmans and they have the best store brand marinades you could think of try them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN