Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Best Place to get the highest amount of diapers for the best deal?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 12 Replies

Any ideas? We plan on stocking up on diapers and wipes when we get tax money and I am trying to find the best place to get them for the best deal. 

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caseyloo
by Casey on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

For us I've found that Amazon Mom has the best deals.  They carry the largest boxes for less than the smaller boxes most of the time.  And there is usually no shipping.

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM
We use target brand. I have the credit card and that makes shipping free and saves 5%. I've also used diapers.com and also amazon mom. Prices are always changing on amazon and diapers.com is more expensive so I've stuck with target.com up&up brand. I also use target brand wipes too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I cloth diaper and built up a 5 day stash for about $200.... That is about 10 dipes a day for 5 days.
gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:51 PM

It just depends on the week and the coupons available to where it is cheaper. I got diapers for less than 12 bucks for 144 size 3's in January. The sale was 2 babies r us boxes for 35 (17.50 a box) and I have the 6 dollars off coupon from the black friday boxes. Even without the coupon the sale price was 12 cent a diaper.

Per southernsavers.com a that is a great price at 12 cent

http://www.southernsavers.com/2012/08/stocking-up-on-diapers-how-much-to-buy-at-what-price/

What is a good per diaper price then?

Broken down by size this is what we generally see:
Newborn: 13¢ – 16¢
Size 1: 11¢ – 14¢
Size 2: 14¢ – 16¢
Size 3: 16¢ – 19¢
Size 4: 19¢ – 22¢
Size 5: 22¢ – 26¢
Size 6: 26¢ – 30¢

Right now the same diapers are basically the same 27.99 a box x2 (required for deal) = 55.98 - 20 gift card you have to use later maybe on 2 more boxes = 35.98/ 2= 17.99 per box /144 diapers on size 3 = basically 13 cent a diaper. Just you have to roll that 20 off onto the next 2 boxes or a purchase of something else. You could put money onto a their diaper card and buy diapers with that it gives you more money than you put in but I am not that patient. I have had issues locally finding the right size because the time I had money was half way thru the sale. Who knows what they will do next sale on Feb 11th.

You can also go to sites like southern savers or hip2save and see what they say is the best diaper deal when you get money. Since deals change often.

matreshka
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I buy luvs at walmart. For me its cheaper than amazon mom or diapers.com.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KerrieCragg
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM

meijer diapers for sure, if you have a meijer. plus they work THE BEST

MissyB1011
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Target's brand.
lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I like target brand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Cloth.
I love my DD cloth. Its cleaner..safer and cheaper
big_red05
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:07 AM
Third cloth buying cloth is really the most economical way to go!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)