Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many freezers do you have?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM
  • 61 Replies

We only have a freezer that's attached to the fridge, but one day I'd like an extra freezer. And I'd fill it all up with strawberry jam (and other things too I suppose). So I'm curious as to how many freezers you have and what you have in it.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I have the one attached to my fridge, its filled with baby food i made, one bag of each kind of veggie we regularly eat, a cpl bags of chicken and frozen juice

I have an enormous stand up freezer in the basement, it has two turkeys, tons of veggies, turkey pies, steak tips, chicken breast, pasta sauce, leftover lasagna, chili, chicken pot pies, frozen fruit, steaks, ribs in bbq sauce, i think thats it. If i find a meat sale i buy alot, marinade and freeze in freezer bags in meal portions. Frozen veggies i buy when they are on sale and buy a bunch, i make huge pots of sauce and chili and freeze the extra etc etc :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:05 PM

just the one attached to my fridge. I really want a chest freezer. Home Depot has some good deals

lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Craigslist is also a great place to find one!

Quoting mamabearlehman:

just the one attached to my fridge. I really want a chest freezer. Home Depot has some good deals

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyB1011
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:15 PM

We have a freezer attached to our fridge in the kitchen. It keeps about 2 weeks worth of meats, veggies, and misc. Our old fridge is up in the garage. We use that mostly in the summer for when we grill on the patio. We have a fairly large chest freezer in the basement. It holds meat from when we get the deer from my Grandpap and when I stock up. It also hold veggies (beans) and berries we froze from the garden.

Dabberdoo
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM
We have the one on our fridge and and 7 cubit foot chest freezer. I just put whatever in them. Right now there is 75 pounds of bulk flour in the chest freezer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I have 2 extra upright freezers and a chest freezer.  One upright and the chest freezer hold a whole beef and a whole hog in the spring, and the other upright holds 100 chickens (about 20 whole and the rest are cut up), frozen veggies, frozen cheese, freezer jam.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Two. The one attached to our refridgerator and we have a chest freezer in the shed where we store meat. We get a lot of our meat from local farms by trading meat for work, so they'll pay us in a half a cow or a quarter of a deer or five chickens, so we need a lot of space to freeze it.

kirita323
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM

ahhhh melt my heart! do you guys use those things that suck the air out when you package your meat? Food saver or something like that? And do you think the quality of the meat is diff frozen vs. fresh or can you not really taste a difference?

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Just one, it's all we need. And once in awhile I put stuff in my sisters freezer. But the cost to run one here in L.A. is at least $15 a month.

catrig
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM

The standard one attached to the fridge.  We also have an extra freezer.  We have chicken, bread dip, cheese, bread, and veggies in our freezer.  Also eggs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)