Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Frugal Family Fun

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

This past Saturday we took the kids to the Kids' Workshop at Home Depot.  It was so much fun, and it was free!  There were about 6 or 7 different wooden projects that the kids would choose from.  My girls each chose a valentine holder, and my son chose a sailboat.  They provide kid-sized Home Depot aprons and any tools and paint that you need.  There doesn't appear to be an age limit, and they didn't ask how old my youngest was (she's 4).  My DH said he noticed kids as young as 2.  Parents help with everything, of course.  When the kids are all done, they get a special pin to put on their apron with a little picture of the project they completed.  We saw kids whose aprons were covered with project pins!

Home Depot offers this once a month.  If it sounds fun to you, check out the date and time for the HD in your area.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toybar02
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:03 PM
thank you for that, my kids would love that, i never knew home depot had something like that, im definitely checking into that
specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I love the HD workshops!  We were at HD this past weekend.  They were holding a workshop and it brought back so many fun memories of when I used to take the kids when they were little.  I miss it, really.

MaskedMomma
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM

ours charges $5 a kid & its 7 and up here, our oldest is 6, and we have 4 kids. For $20 we could plan something else...let alone a craft...I run a crafting group once a month for my friends & their kids.

sashamom27159
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Quoting MaskedMomma:

ours charges $5 a kid & its 7 and up here, our oldest is 6, and we have 4 kids. For $20 we could plan something else...let alone a craft...I run a crafting group once a month for my friends & their kids.

I just looked it up online and they are sayinging its free 

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/ContentView?pn=HT_WS_KidsWorkshops&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053

MaskedMomma
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM

ours has a big sign by the door stating what that weeks craft is & discription & has a big posterboard attention getting cut out saying "only $5" like it's cheap or something. it's been there for years the only thing that changes is the memo boards message saying what craft they're doing. We don't shop there much anymore anyways, not since SOs best friend got a job at menards.

Quoting sashamom27159:

Quoting MaskedMomma:

I just looked it up online and they are sayinging its free 

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/ContentView?pn=HT_WS_KidsWorkshops&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053

BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM
cool, took dd on Saturday too, but the Home Depot by our place ran out of Valentine card holder. Dd made a birdhouse instead and it was even perfect cause she's giving it to her grandpa to add on his bird feeder in the backyard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM
How cool!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Quoting MaskedMomma:

Wow!  What a ripoff when every other HD does it for free.  :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)