Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas
Anyone getting started on it already?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
chrissysnow22
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Great!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

I am forever organizing, sorting, purging and cleaning. :)

Today was a big day though. Went through an empty bedroom and master closet. Got rid of a bunch and moved a lot of stuff around. Tomorrow is the other two bedrooms and closets upstairs. hem moving back downstairs to go through everything down there again.
MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:42 AM

I need help with spring clean out.  I wish I knew a young family who would help me, they can sort threw all of the things I no longer need, and they they can keep anything they find.  I can outfit three homes for the numbers of sets of linens, towels, beadspreads, shams, curtians.  You name it, I have tons of stuff, I just want gone.  I cannot physically do the work, so there is my problem.  Say a prayer for me, I am rather despondent now, I just don't care anymore.  HELP

chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Me too.

Quoting aneela:

i have been clearing out stuff to sell so u can say yes i started

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:42 AM

do you have family or close friends or if you go to church maybe you can find someone there or some teens who want to help and can maybe sell some of the items you let them have for themselves...hope you get the help you need

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

I need help with spring clean out.  I wish I knew a young family who would help me, they can sort threw all of the things I no longer need, and they they can keep anything they find.  I can outfit three homes for the numbers of sets of linens, towels, beadspreads, shams, curtians.  You name it, I have tons of stuff, I just want gone.  I cannot physically do the work, so there is my problem.  Say a prayer for me, I am rather despondent now, I just don't care anymore.  HELP

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM

im almost done downsizing my son's toys...been using some groups on FB and im pretty surprised and pleased with the results

Quoting chicken13:

Me too.

Quoting aneela:

i have been clearing out stuff to sell so u can say yes i started

mjgm1966
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I have had the spring cleaning bug!  I usually wait until March. But the weather has been so pretty here--it feels like spring.  So, I'm gettin after it!

Steph925
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Started yesterday cleaning out my upper cabinets. I want to get all rooms done before baby comes only got 8 weeks left
scorpiobabes
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Sort of. We had to finish cleaning up my boyfriend's house after the last break in (broken glass and dishes everywhere), so a lot of my working was concentrated there. We did bring back a rug from the house to use here in our apartment-I vacuumed the living room and arranged the rug (I needed my boyfriend's help) and vacuumed it too. Now he likes it (before he was skeptical), and we're making other plans for here in the house.

I've been behind cleaning, but that was because I was sick for a week and he didn't do anything here. I've been going around dusting in different areas, and getting things ready for storage. I'm also vacuuming all the dust and cobwebs I find (ugh!) I've also been putting stuff together and cleaning it to prepare taking photographs that we need to present to the auctioneer to be sold. There's a ton of stuff that we have to sell, although a lot less after they stole hundreds of collectibles at Jim's home in December.

scorpiobabes
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I'm so jealous! We've been hit this week with a series of clipper storms-we only get enough snow to annoy but it's so darn cold! I usually wait until April, after I see other people's trash piles, but this year, I'm raring to go NOW!

Quoting mjgm1966:

I have had the spring cleaning bug!  I usually wait until March. But the weather has been so pretty here--it feels like spring.  So, I'm gettin after it!

Medusa686
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Not yet but its time.  Supposed to have snowstorm here in NJ so might as well do it this weekend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN