Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas
Anyone getting started on it already?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
Courtney81181
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Yes...when I can find the time! I'm currently 16wks. pregnant, have a full-time job, long commute, & a very active 19month old! I've always been a little OCD w/my cleaning & organizing, but I'm finding that maybe I'm starting some early nesting? Last weekend I started on the kitchen & couldn't stop. I deep cleaned, re-arranged, re-organized, & de-cluttered. It looks a lot better, I know where everything is, & it even looks bigger now [we live in a small mobile]. I'm not quite finished with it yet, but plan to do more this weekend & move on to the living room!

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I've thought about getting started.  Does that count?  LOL!

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Could you do 15 minutes at a time?  The thought of tackling the job to have it done in a few days is overwhelming, especially if it is physically difficult.  Could you pick one room, set your timer for 15 minutes, work on it for that amount of time, and be done for the day?  You would be amazed at what you can do 15 minutes at a time.  :-)

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

I need help with spring clean out.  I wish I knew a young family who would help me, they can sort threw all of the things I no longer need, and they they can keep anything they find.  I can outfit three homes for the numbers of sets of linens, towels, beadspreads, shams, curtians.  You name it, I have tons of stuff, I just want gone.  I cannot physically do the work, so there is my problem.  Say a prayer for me, I am rather despondent now, I just don't care anymore.  HELP

mary841108
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM

nope im not even going to bother since we will be moving soon. you figure once we buy the new house, i'm going to go in there and clean and paint really good before we even move in, start tossing or donating things we dont need/want/use so that will be my version of spring cleaning

matreshka
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I wish.  We really need to go through our file boxes, get rid of stuff that is years and years old, I would like to rearrange all the rooms plus get everything dusted and spotless.

chrissysnow22
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Uh oh a nesting mama!! I was like a tornado then..

Quoting Courtney81181:

Yes...when I can find the time! I'm currently 16wks. pregnant, have a full-time job, long commute, & a very active 19month old! I've always been a little OCD w/my cleaning & organizing, but I'm finding that maybe I'm starting some early nesting? Last weekend I started on the kitchen & couldn't stop. I deep cleaned, re-arranged, re-organized, & de-cluttered. It looks a lot better, I know where everything is, & it even looks bigger now [we live in a small mobile]. I'm not quite finished with it yet, but plan to do more this weekend & move on to the living room!

chrissysnow22
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course! It's the thought that counts lol

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

I've thought about getting started.  Does that count?  LOL!

suthrnrose71
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I've been doing it a little. We've got folks redoing our guest bathroom and they had to tear out walls and floors and go from the bottom up replacing the tub, toilet, and sink. It would just be no point in trying to really do it till the bathroom is finished. They are doing sheetrock work and have gotten to the mudding and sanding part before they start painting. I've had to vacuum everyday after they leave. 

SparklingHope
by Melissa on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Yeah, but not because of spring around the corner..but because we are selling our house. lol. We needed to remove a lot of clutter , etc..for picture taking of the house (hopefully still cause of the snow now) today. Then after pictures are taken it will be up on the market. 

mjgm1966
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM

It's been in the seventies her for most of the week. Had a few showers yesterday. But, it's been nice.

Quoting scorpiobabes:

I'm so jealous! We've been hit this week with a series of clipper storms-we only get enough snow to annoy but it's so darn cold! I usually wait until April, after I see other people's trash piles, but this year, I'm raring to go NOW!

Quoting mjgm1966:

I have had the spring cleaning bug!  I usually wait until March. But the weather has been so pretty here--it feels like spring.  So, I'm gettin after it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)