Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When a storm is approching...

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you make sure to have on hand.  Do you go out and fill your gas tank and go grocery shopping with the rest of the mob?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Replies (21-27):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM

We rarely have the kind of storms that we have to stock up for, but I make sure we have batteries for the flashlights, candles, blankets, I turn the heat way up to get the house nice and warm, and we all take showers just in case we won't be able to take them for a couple of days.  I get out all the boardgames and books and stuff.

MrsWhite101610
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I was dieing for ice cream yesterday. The line for express was length of the front of the store (shoprite)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM
We have batteries, candles, milk, eggs, and what's already in the freeze (had all this already) I learned last time not to stock up on food. We had no power for days and had to throw out 2 garbage bags of food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Medusa686
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM

DH reminds me to fill my gas tank. I always listen because I never pay attention until the light comes on that I need gas.  Last night I went to the grocery store, only because Nemo is coming to NJ : (

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I have a decent amount of emergency back up flashlights, candles, blankets. I will be out tonight to get extra water, grape juice, milk, just a short trip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Eh, any storm we get here in southern California is pretty wimpy.  We do have a stockpile of shelf-stable food and bottled water in case of a major earthquake, though.  That's pretty much the only disaster we'd need to prepare for.  Oh, and we do have flashlights (battery-powered and hand-cranked), batteries, and candles.

MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:51 AM

I prepare for hurricanes, tornadoes and severe heat.  I get very few winter storms, but I still prepare when Alabama is forecast to get to freezing temperatures.  No matter what comes my way, I can say I am prepared.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)