Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Did any of you do anything that was frugal this week?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Replies (21-26):
tiredmomfor2
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Lol yep. The last time (before today) I left the house was last Saturday for groceries. I put gas in my van then as well. We all got in the van to go hiking today and my husband commented on my gas tank being full. Lol
I rarely leave the house in the winter. We homeschool, so it is nice to not have to run around much when it's cold outside. :)

Quoting choaspartyof4:

You sound just like me lol, I stay at home and some weeks I don't leave the house. 

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Baked all our bread products, cooked all our meals at home. Basically didn't leave the house at all. Lol so I guess I saved on gas. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM

THat sounds like fun! they don't have any extras like that at DH's dinners.  Just talkin' bout business zzzzz

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Aren't they nice! Expensive meal at no cost. Added bonus they had an improv comedy group come out. He was much more entertaining than the man that spoke last year.. He bored people to sleep.

Quoting matreshka:

We do the same thing when his work dinners come around lol.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

We went to the my husbands management banquet so I didn't have to cook dinner.

choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm the same with my jeep, I can make a full tank of gas last forever! We don't homeschool but my older son rides the bus so I still don't have to drive anywhere if I don't want to lol! We don't go anywhere that much either in the winter either, its too cold! I hate taking my 3 yr. old out in it if I don't have too. So much easier to stay in our nice warm house :) Although for the weekends right now we run around a lot bc of sports.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Lol yep. The last time (before today) I left the house was last Saturday for groceries. I put gas in my van then as well. We all got in the van to go hiking today and my husband commented on my gas tank being full. Lol
I rarely leave the house in the winter. We homeschool, so it is nice to not have to run around much when it's cold outside. :)

Quoting choaspartyof4:

You sound just like me lol, I stay at home and some weeks I don't leave the house. 

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Baked all our bread products, cooked all our meals at home. Basically didn't leave the house at all. Lol so I guess I saved on gas. :)

delightfullymom
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
No shopping :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oddfox
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM

My husband and I went on a "date" to two estate sales Saturday and picked up several replacement items. All in great shape. Both places threw in some freebies. We topped it off by popping into a Salvation Army store on the way home and replaced two dress shirts. Plus, I found a wonderful cobalt blue tea pot for my sister for next Christmas. We had a blast looking through everything.  

The frugal normal stuff, eating at home. Paying cash for groceries. Shelf soup one night. DH won a free Papa John's pizza, so we had that Saturday night. A budget friendly week.

I'm also finishing up a scrap quilt for our bed. Pretty much a freebie, as I'm using a worn quilt as the batting.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I made a slipcover for a cool lounge sofa for my dd.  periwinkle canvas fabric, half off at Joann's....total cost $32.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)