Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Living frugally

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 37 Replies
3 moms liked this

If you had the means to live non-frugally would you? Or would you still do somethings the frugal way? 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this
My dh and I have discussed this often. *I* will always live frugally. Its how I was raised, so its a part of who I am. Dh had money growing up so I'm not so sure if he'd continue his frugal ways (I've taught him well!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

i think i'd continue but i'd plan more vacations!  I miss traveling.  I do really well on deals with that though too.  Last trip was to cozumel, mexico and i got flights, a 5 night stay at an all inclusive resort and a jeep rental for the week all for 1600, including tax. 

Hanab818
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I will always try and save money where I can.

jupiter5
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I will always live frugally, my husband comes from money and he talks about all the ridiculous extras we will have in the future and I'm like eh I would love to save save save and have animals. I don't need a lot of extra stuff weighing me down :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jupiter5
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Haha me too! And mine is doing better than ever on frugality ever since the baby was born, he even shops online sometimes :)

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

My dh and I have discussed this often. *I* will always live frugally. Its how I was raised, so its a part of who I am. Dh had money growing up so I'm not so sure if he'd continue his frugal ways (I've taught him well!)

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I would continue to live frugally. I am a saver, so if I had more money I would just save it not spend it. I still have some of my taxes from last year in my savings account.
TDMumof3
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
If i had money and not worry bout nothing i would shop more high end for things and enjoy life thats what i want any how. i want a good figured income and no worries. basically if i dont feel like cooking then we could eat out every night of the week if we want. my hubby would do the same he likes to spend more than i do
my4boys2002
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I have only been trying to be frugal since dec, I'm douing it because I want to not because I need too. I've always been a high end shopper, I'm seeing how much I've wasted what some consider a all out spree is what I'd spend daily out shopping. The one thing I know I cannot give up is chanel skin care. Ill try to wait til counters have sales for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I wasn't raise to live frugal, I decided to live like this & will continue to live frugal. I like to save my money for my child(ren)'s future & I enjoy finding good sales. Only thing I would do more is travel & explore the world with my family & pamper myself to spa once in a while.
mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:31 AM
3 moms liked this

I would continue to live my frugal lifestyle but with more splurges and vacations. We haven't had a vacation since our first child almost 7 yrs ago. I would buy a nice big chunck of land and a beautiful house and plant a huge garden.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)