Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

If you had the means to live non-frugally would you? Or would you still do somethings the frugal way? 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I would probably still be frugal but I would like to be able to stress less about basics: food, clothes, etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I love it and wouldn't change I don't think.  I love getting the best deal on things.  It is a game for me!  Plus nothing beats getting checks in the mail every month for shopping.  

lyrick24
by Melissa on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

still do some things frugally. about the only thing i would do differently is buy new good funiture instead of off of craigslist.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I would still do things the frugal way. It's all I've ever known.

Mimihh213
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
This is like us!!! All of a sudden I have to cut corners though since I extended my maternity leave...I hope I can keep up some of my frugal ways after going back to work next month... !! It is a lot of work/ advanced planning as far as shopping fliers for best price, going to different stores to get those great prices, strategically planning meals so there is no waste or urgency to order out...

Pre kids, we would be too lazy to do laundry on sun night & just go out and buy a new outfit Or two lol!!!

Quoting my4boys2002:

I have only been trying to be frugal since dec, I'm douing it because I want to not because I need too. I've always been a high end shopper, I'm seeing how much I've wasted what some consider a all out spree is what I'd spend daily out shopping. The one thing I know I cannot give up is chanel skin care. Ill try to wait til counters have sales for that.

Mimihh213
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Awesome!!! I hope I can stay a changed woman...the $ looks better in my account than on a plate or in the shopping cart lol!!!

Quoting PEEK05:

I would still do things the frugal way. It's all I've ever known.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Those habits would just be too hard to break!  My mom trained me well.

karla41164
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I love to save money! Husband loves to spend money!

After 20 years of marrage he has with in the last yeat seen how saving money is a good thing.

But now he has all of his toy's lol  is why he is able to see that saving is a good thing

AjCeCeMom
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Yes, we both have great incomes but are pretty frugal regardless. No need to spend money if you don't have to!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thedirtymama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Probably not. There is a kind of triumph when getting a lot for spending little. But, if I ever fell into money, would probably just pay off debt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)