Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Woke up to 2 feet of snow!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

And its gonna keep snowing until noonish.  I really hope they don't call DH into work today, the Governor issued a driving ban for non-essential workers.  DH is not an officer or firefighter or hospital worker so we have no business being on the road thank goodness.

I hope everyone affected by the nor-easter is safe, has electricity, food and warmth,

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM
I have no idea how much is out there yet. Ill be going out to shovel off the porch in a bit. I know there is alot though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Luckily the wind did that for us, but the drifts on the ground are huge!

Quoting lillucky8:

I have no idea how much is out there yet. Ill be going out to shovel off the porch in a bit. I know there is alot though.

lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Theres alot, at least to my knees in some spots. Theres a bare spot on my driveway though lol, the wind is whipping it everywhere. Luckily there werent any outages all night so dh is coming home now, for now at least.

Quoting matreshka:

Luckily the wind did that for us, but the drifts on the ground are huge!

Quoting lillucky8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terpsichore
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Hubby (health care worker) got to work safely, and so did everyone else scheduled for third shift last night. This morning is a different story: enough people came in, but an hour or more late, and the roads are bad. Hubby was given a place to bunk down at work. He brought supplies for just such an event.

We have 21 inches so far and we never lost power.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Stay warm and safe!

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM
You're getting what we had a couple weeks ago, however we got two feet of ice, caused 403 accidents in 24 hours. Stay inside!!! Nothing is worth going out in this. We have gotten some snow this morning, so glad it isn't another couple feet. We can still walk on top of our snow(really just ice)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Be safe out there
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Luckily DH did not have to go into work, the big boss wanted to open (its a non-essential job). I was ready to document all this and contact the State Attourney General for labor violations making non-essential emplyees drive druring the driveing ban here in MA.

silct89
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Here in NV we got a foot in the last 6 hours or so, we are getting some crazy winds with it too.  Hope you guys stay safe and warm!

EDDES
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Stay peaceful and blessed this too shall pass.....I thank God that it was not as bad as it looked in the News over here in NorthHudson New Jersey.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)