Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

We got our taxes back and I have an itch to shop

Posted by   + Show Post

We were able to get a good chunk of change back.  DH replaced our tv which was going and now I want a toy too!  I really want to save money but catch myself browsing jewelery and such online.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (21-29):
chrissysnow22
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I use a principal I learned in business. Pay yourself first. So I decide how much we get and then use that amount to do with what I want. I have a list of things I want to spend my 'free' money on.
That way we are still saving money but I also don't feel the negatively about saving like we never get to enjoy our money.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Ours hit the account yesterday. It will all be gone plus some tomorrow morning. Lol we are investing in some property with it. I'm excited for the new property, but a little bummed at the same time.
a_and_j_momma
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Get yourself a little something, save the rest :-)
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I like that idea!  In our normal monthly budget I allow  a little "free" money for both DH and I, it helps us stay on track with everything else.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

I use a principal I learned in business. Pay yourself first. So I decide how much we get and then use that amount to do with what I want. I have a list of things I want to spend my 'free' money on.
That way we are still saving money but I also don't feel the negatively about saving like we never get to enjoy our money.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Well, property is good.  Will you be making money off of fit eventually?  But I understand how you feel.  So many commercials for tax serives ad stores make tax returs seem like purely play money.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Ours hit the account yesterday. It will all be gone plus some tomorrow morning. Lol we are investing in some property with it. I'm excited for the new property, but a little bummed at the same time.

tiredmomfor2
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM
The plans for the property are a bit unclear at this point time. We eventually want to build and move out there, but the property has a lot of money making potential. We could have it clear cut for a good profit if need be. :)
Yeah I definitely look forward to tax return season. We don't normally blow it, but we do save it for our big purchases like furniture. The last couple of years we have invested it in our business. The kids need mattresses for their beds. I'm hoping to get them some if there is any left over. :)

Quoting matreshka:

Well, property is good.  Will you be making money off of fit eventually?  But I understand how you feel.  So many commercials for tax serives ad stores make tax returs seem like purely play money.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Don't you just hate that.  I have filed but already have a plan for mine and doesn't include shopping :( 

chrissysnow22
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM
It does help out alot with me keeping a positive attitude about budgeting and such.

Quoting matreshka:

I like that idea!  In our normal monthly budget I allow  a little "free" money for both DH and I, it helps us stay on track with everything else.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Splurge a little. How often do you really get to do it anyway? We used a bunch of federal already. Got it on friday. We paid of dh's jeep which was $1100, got wedding rings-$850, got ds birthday stuff, I got a pair of maternit jeans, ate out a couple times, paid some early termination fees on a bils phones we had (long story), pulling cash out to save for the ac, bought extra groceries. Its nice to be able to spend somewhat freely. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN