Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Splurging on a new chair

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 13 Replies

It has been years since we got any new furniture. The couch and 2 chairs in the living room. Those were from mom and dads house. When mom sold the house before she passed. The 2 chairs were sadly worn out. I threw them out 2 years back. I still have the couch. Which we've had since 1999.  Dh and I talked about it. I said I would like to get myself 1 decent recliner chair.  Some days it get nasty leg pains.  I have to put my legs up. To make the pain stop.  I was using this reclining lawn chair from the yard.  It no longer stays in the recline position.  It's the chair I use when I am on my lap top.  This chair was 299$.  Free shipping and I was not charged sales tax.  It says takes a few weeks or so to ship.  It's from the Broyhill Home Gallary Store.  Below is a link to the chair I bought.  This one only came in chocolate Brown. That might be good. Not so much dirt will show.  It matches everything else fine. Even with the green walls.  When my new chair arrives. I will put the recliner lawn chair back in the garage.   Making room for my new chair. We use the back bedroom as a den. 

http://homegallerystores.com/shop/rocker_recliner_in_chocolate_suede.html

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiske
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Looks like a good deal.  I'm tempted to jump in and get one too but I'm picky about my chairs.  I hate when they are too big for me: either too deep or too tall.  It took me 6 months to finally find a couch I liked.  lol.

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Looks like it could be comfy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Alieda
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Very nice
a_and_j_momma
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:39 PM
If you like it, I say it is allll good
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I was telling our son. I'd like him to take to pick up a chair at Steinhafels by us.   That's where he got his furniture when he moved out last July.  They got all quality stuff. They stand behind what they sell.  I was willing to spend good money on something good.   I was online checking out stores for the sales.  I stumbled across the Broyhill store online.  Figured I'd see how much shipping is and all that.   I think I saved at least 100$ buying my chair online.  Well I figure up to 40 or so might of been sales tax.  Then almost 50 for delivery.  So a 279$ chair would of been closer to 400$.   I got my email order confirmation. The 299$  I paid. They will call when my chair is coming.  They will set it up.   It should come where the back comes off.  That will make it easy to slide it in the back bedroom we use as our den.  I can tip on the side. It will fit through the door.  Then put the back on.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM

That looks nice!

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM

that looks nice. 

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM

sweet

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I'd say its a good deal. We really need a new chair too. Our other one which was ancient broke and we have a $15 target chair in its place.

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Being frugal doesn't necessary mean being cheap.  It means getting the most for your money.  Buying quality at a decent price.   I will spend good money if the quality is there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)