Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal planning

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hey ladies. I came across this http://smithlive.blogspot.com/2011/12/monthly-meal-planning.html and something about it just didn't seem like it would work for my family. It felt a little overwhelming, but I like the idea of it and the money saving to it! Any ideas on how I can take it and adapt it more simply and with my own recipes? Sorry, I'm new at all this kind of stuff! =)

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PoisonousHoney
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM
TonyaO
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM
How do you do that with the links??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoisonousHoney
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Lol. You type the word you want to be clicked on. Then you highlight it and the button right next to the "Add a SweetPea" button will be usable. It looks like a chain link. You click that and a thing will pop up. Put the URL where it says "Link URL" and then "insert". It sounds like a lot of steps, but it's really super easy. =)

opal10161973
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM

That is something that needs to be worked out over a few month's time.  It's not natural just to do it.  Try starting with a two week menu first and work your way up to a month from there.  Smaller steps will make it an easier and smoother transition. 

acrylicmom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

okay-- i just went to a food party yesterday! I am actually really excited about what I did.  It was called WildTree. It laid out my shopping lists and told me how to split everything up. Then i took all of the ziplock bags in a cooler to the party and we got all of the spices for seasoning.  It was fun but a bit exhausting to lug everything around.  Anyhow-- when i left the party I had 10 complete crockpot meals bagged to freeze.  I am going to make a lot more of these that are made from fresh veggies and organic spices and freeze them too.  They are so easy to make and I know there will always be a complete meal at the house I don't have to worry about making.  Thing is I know I can do this even with my own spices and stuff-- so I can get these made.  these could account for a lot of your meals.  Actually WildTree also has meal planning for all types of meals not just crockpot that you can have pre-bagged and frozen...ready to make when you need them.  Just wanted to share my experience. :)

JakeandEmmasMom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Quoting acrylicmom:

okay-- i just went to a food party yesterday! I am actually really excited about what I did.  It was called WildTree. It laid out my shopping lists and told me how to split everything up. Then i took all of the ziplock bags in a cooler to the party and we got all of the spices for seasoning.  It was fun but a bit exhausting to lug everything around.  Anyhow-- when i left the party I had 10 complete crockpot meals bagged to freeze.  I am going to make a lot more of these that are made from fresh veggies and organic spices and freeze them too.  They are so easy to make and I know there will always be a complete meal at the house I don't have to worry about making.  Thing is I know I can do this even with my own spices and stuff-- so I can get these made.  these could account for a lot of your meals.  Actually WildTree also has meal planning for all types of meals not just crockpot that you can have pre-bagged and frozen...ready to make when you need them.  Just wanted to share my experience. :)

I've never heard of Wild Tree.  It sounds like it's worth checking out though!

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM

tfs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)