Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do you give gifts on Valentine's Day?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 12 Replies

For dh/so and child(ren)? If so, what are your frugal or creative Valentine's Day gift ideas? 

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BostonMomma08
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm single so no issue there... Lol

For Lucas I'm doing a little valentines day basket with a little bit of candy, some coloring books and crayons, a DVD and a small toy. I spent under $20 on it (DVD from the $5 bin at and a clearance toy from Walmart and the rest from the dollar store. And then I'm also going to go get a balloon Wednesday night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't do gifts for my DH since our anniversary is just a few weeks away...I don't do gifts for the kids since I'm quite convinced they have impossibly too much junk anyway...I do make a dessert or special meal - red strawberry pancakes in the shape of hearts, molded chocolate hearts for their lunch boxes, and this year I'm adding heart-shaped tinted mini cheesecakes to look like those convo hearts. It's fun and cute and I love that they look forward to a little surprise still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope! My dh doesn't expect anything and ds is only 2 so he isn't aware.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarahb22
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah im taking my bf to dinner.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
No. But I think I will start this year. I will get ideas from here and my Family Fun group on what to get my boys for Valentines Day. My parents still give me and my sister a box of chocolate with a card or stuffed animal or something after all these years. I should start the tradition (of Valentines Day gift giving) with my sons.
erienne06
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I do. I got Jason a pair of sweat pants, t-shirt, jersey type shorts, subscription to Game Stop, and star wars socks. Holidays and occasions are the only time I'm not tight with money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM

We give little, store bought gifts to the kids.  However, that stuff is EXPENSIVE!!  I went yesterday to buy them, and I just about died!  Geesh!  (I got a little something for my husband, but he swears he just wants sex.)

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I got them all a $1 box of candy

SissyMacK
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Superman buys the girls a bear with the year on the foot every year, it's his special daddy-daughter thing.  For each other we spend about $5 each on a gift that is thoughtful.  He's getting homemade peanut butter fudge this year with a handmade card (will end up costing me more than $5 this time, since I blew up the mixer making the candy).  I have no idea what I'm getting, but he's really excited about it. 

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

DF usually does the red roses and box of candy thing, plus a little something as a gift.  I usually do the box of candy, card and small gift, too.  I always buy something for the kids and granddaughter.  My granddaughter loves to hang fancy bridhouses in the trees.  So, we got her a cute watering can birdhouse and a card.  DD and SIL will get a bottle of their favorite wine and a card.  The twins will get some candy and a gift card each to Game Stop.  This year's gift to DF is a gift certificate for a nearby golf course.  He's been wanting to go golfing since he retired before Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)