Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Grrrrr... Training! *update in replies on why no cooler*

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 13 Replies

Last week dh had training at work for the entire week. I normally sent him off to work with homemade oatmeal packs and leftovers (sandwiches don't fill him up. He thinks they're snacks... Lol!) so, at training they had no fridge or microwave and nowhere to store anything. Dh told me not to pack him food b/c all the ppl training were going out to eat and it was a great opportunity for him to network. So, I agreed. He ate out everyday which averaged about $7-8 each day. One day he even decided to pay for someone else and that one was $20. It was very kind of dh to do that but now we have $9 left in the bank. Grrrrrr! I had to put my ds's speech therapy on the credit card yesterday b/c there wasn't any money. I had to raid kids toys for double A batteries b/c I can't go buy any. I am slightly annoyed by this. Haha! I mean, I know it could be worse. We will make it. We have enough food and no bills are due before the next payday but... Coudnt he have just eaten a sandwich?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:19 PM

It's frustrating but with some jobs that networking is key.  I hope its temporary.

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

That's why my husband carries a cooler....lol

BabyFruit Ticker

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Exactly what I would have suggested.

Quoting mamabens:

That's why my husband carries a cooler....lol

ziff130
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:27 PM

There was noWhere to store a cooler.

And, yes, this is one of those jobs where networking is important.

Saphira1207
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Why wuold he need to store a cooler?  They are designed to keep food cool/cold on their own and don't need to be put in the fridge.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM
My hubby takes a hot meal each day, has a cooler and I plan extra from dinner to be lunch for him the next day. Only once has he had to buy lunch, and we planned for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ziff130
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM

. It's not a problem this week. He's back and I always send him lunches to work. 

I don't know how the place is set up. It is high security and I am not allowed past the front gate, which is still 15 minutes from dh's building. He has maximum security clearance. The FBI had to interview neighbors from ten years ago to get the clearance. It was crazy! There are some areas where cell phones are not allowed or food or anything but ppl. I do not know what the area was like that dh was in. All I know is he said he couldn't store his food there. I don't ask a lot of questions b/c theres a lot he cannot say so... I don't know why he couldn't store a cooler back there, only that he couldn't. 

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:27 PM
That does make it tough. Thank goodness it was only one week!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Glad it was temporary for you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Wow!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN