Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

juice.....

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
In the long run what do you think is cheaper..
Buying juice premade, buying koolaid/powered add on, or soaking fresh ffruits in water to give it that sweet taste
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't buy that much juice, really.  Orange juice is about the only one we buy,  And, DF likes the premade (not from concentrate) kind.

MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I have a five yrs Asd son who freaks if he doesn't have juice, but its so costly I'm trying to figure out the best way to save and avoid meltdowns

Quoting specialwingz:

We don't buy that much juice, really.  Orange juice is about the only one we buy,  And, DF likes the premade (not from concentrate) kind.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I have a pair of Asperger's twin boys.  Well, they're 20 now.  But, my "boys" none the less.  LOL.  Thankfully, we didn't/don't have many meltdown triggers.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

I have a five yrs Asd son who freaks if he doesn't have juice, but its so costly I'm trying to figure out the best way to save and avoid meltdowns

Quoting specialwingz:

MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Wow twins?! Bless you LOL yeah mase had limited speech so he meltdown for lack of verbal expression :/

Quoting specialwingz:

I have a pair of Asperger's twin boys.  Well, they're 20 now.  But, my "boys" none the less.  LOL.  Thankfully, we didn't/don't have many meltdown triggers.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting specialwingz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I buy juice boxes when they're on a good sale. but we don't really give DD much juice, I think she gets some at school a few times a week and then she has the choice when we go out to eat. I think if you could get him to ween down on the sugar when you make kool-aid from the little packets, that would be most cost effective. I had friends in college and they'd add just a tablespoon or so less sugar each time they made a new pitcher and got down to where just a couple of tablespoons per pitcher tasted just as good. It might work, might not. We do have a couple of the jars of instant lemonade that have the sugar included. those are nice because you can make a little bit at a time or a whole bit batch. 

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Yeah, they on the extremely high functioning end of the spectrum.  It has been more of an academic challenge for us than anything else.  We have a few other issues.  But, we get through them together.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Wow twins?! Bless you LOL yeah mase had limited speech so he meltdown for lack of verbal expression :/

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting specialwingz:

Rain2Rinse
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:29 AM
We buy orange juice, but dh is usually the only one who drinks it, so it lasts a while. Every few months we buy crangrape for the kid. We prefer her drink water, so...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)